Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 08 Mar 2021 13:35 #110251

RickG wrote: Mike, I like your high mounted lights. I keep wanting to add something like that to my trailers, not so much about the lights, but because when there's no boat on the trailer I can't see it in my mirrors before it's already gone too far sideways. I drove a wrecker for a while as a kid so it's sort of a point of pride to position a trailer where I want it in one shot.

Jennings... those really do add something. Are they operable? A while back I saw a kit that had a small transmitter wired into the trailer and a receiver in the boat. The boat tail lights would then run off the boat battery and operate in unison with the trailer lights. I never got one for my Jetstreak but thought it'd be cool.

Yes. They are operable. Instead of grounding them to the boat like you would do with a trailer I ran the ground wires all the way to the bow. The cable gets pulled out of the deck from one of the previously made holes from the former owner. It’s covered with a clamshell vent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 15:15 #110201

unclbuz wrote: I put something like this on the trailer that went with the DR that I sold to Steve and Dawn...

That is it!
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 15:09 #110200

I put something like this on the trailer that went with the DR that I sold to Steve and Dawn...
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldlure

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 13:22 #110199

• RickG
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 988
Mike, I like your high mounted lights. I keep wanting to add something like that to my trailers, not so much about the lights, but because when there's no boat on the trailer I can't see it in my mirrors before it's already gone too far sideways. I drove a wrecker for a while as a kid so it's sort of a point of pride to position a trailer where I want it in one shot.

Jennings... those really do add something. Are they operable? A while back I saw a kit that had a small transmitter wired into the trailer and a receiver in the boat. The boat tail lights would then run off the boat battery and operate in unison with the trailer lights. I never got one for my Jetstreak but thought it'd be cool.
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
Etched Panels & Plates
Speedometers

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 12:16 #110198

I still like my 59 Cadillac tail lights.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, RickG, oldlure

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 03:19 #110195

MercuryMarc wrote:

Locomotion wrote: My biggest concern when it comes to a boat trailer is that it carries the boat in a way that does not damage the boat.
I have seen a lot of trailer damage on Feather Crafts over the years.

My trailer needs work. I only have three rollers and two smaller bunks. I like how John R let's his bunks go way past the rear of the trailer.

This time around I am going to try to add bunks. Two Long ones near the keel and two shorter ones for the back.

One of the Feather Craft catalogs warns to make sure the bunks on any trailer extended beyond the transom so the strength of the transom helps support the weight of the boat and motor.
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 03:06 #110193

VinTin wrote: I like lights mounted on vertical boat trailering 'guides'

That way they are never under water.

Of course I don't have any like that.

I do.

www.feathercraft.net/forum/search?query=...6/2021&childforums=1
Mike
1950 Skipper on Holsclaw Boat Roadster trailer
1954 Skipper w/ ’54 Johnson 10hp
1954 Deluxe Runabout w/ ’54 Johnson 25hp
1954 Vagabond w/ '57 Johnson 35hp
1955 Alumacraft FD on a Gator trailer
1956 Alumacraft FD

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 02:55 #110192

Locomotion wrote: My biggest concern when it comes to a boat trailer is that it carries the boat in a way that does not damage the boat.

My trailer needs work. I only have three rollers and two smaller bunks. I like how John R let's his bunks go way past the rear of the trailer.

This time around I am going to try to add bunks. Two Long ones near the keel and two shorter ones for the back.
Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 02:37 #110191

My biggest concern when it comes to a boat trailer is that it carries the boat in a way that does not damage the boat.

Trailer Light Kits, Got a Favorite? 06 Mar 2021 02:31 #110190

I treat trailer lights like a ware item, I am sure I'll bust one sooner than later. When I put lights on my trailer for the hawk, the boat was off the trailer at the time. Two days later putting the boat back on I busted a light into a million pieces, never fails. :humf:
Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3
  • Yesterday Answer:5