Topic

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 24 Oct 2020 14:19 #108284

You make an important point about the nature of government. It isn't acceptable to simply throw up our hands when our government fails us whether that failure involves something as minor as a trailer registration issue or as critical as the handling of a pandemic. We are going to be in serious trouble if we come to regard "government" to be some nebulous entity outside of our control. It is what we make it. It is our obligation as citizens to make our government what it needs to be in order to promote and protect the well being of all citizens. When it fails us, it is our obligation to act, not simply assert that that is just the nature of government.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 24 Oct 2020 14:04 #108283

You know we want to blame "The Goverment" for problems like this but face it, this is a people problem, people who don't give a crap about other people's problems and won't go to the trouble to take the time to push a problem up to the right individual who can help or the right individual who can help doesn't give a crap about helping anyone either, it's the people who make a government work or not work, if people don't care about other people then this is what we get.

"We" are the government no matter what political party you support or what party is in power, when people don't do what's right and people don't care about other peoples problems then we get the "Goverment" we deserve.
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, BigBadJon, VinTin, RickG, jmhyatt, Brunswickian

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 24 Oct 2020 13:16 #108281

I purchased a boat and trailer located in Wisconsin. The seller informed me that his trailer had no title or registration because they are not required in Wisconsin for trailers with a carrying capacity of 3000 lb or less. He was 70 years old, had lived their all his life and never registered a trailer. Information on Wisconsin DMV's website confirmed the sellers claim. When I tried to register the trailer in NY, I was informed by NY DMV that all trailers in Wisconsin required titles and registrations which meant NY DMV would require a Wisconsin title and registration to register the trailer. I showed NY DMV the information on the Wisconsin DMV website and was told that it didn't matter. I contacted Wisconsin DMV. They agreed that their website stated that titles or registrations were not required but explained that the information was not accurate. I noted that I'd purchased a trailer on the basis of their website's information. They told me that wasn't their problem.

I contacted sellers of trailers in Wisconsin and they confirmed that they sold trailers of the type I'd purchased without registrations or titles. I tried calling Wisconsin DMV several more times hoping I'd get someone who knew that the trailers were being sold without titles or registrations. I got no where. It was a frustrating problem. Without the generous help provided by Rick G, I don't know how I could have solved it.

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 23 Oct 2020 10:30 #108259

• JR's Avatar Topic Author
  • JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
I think I will restore this one Marc. Why not?? I've got time since all the bars and strip clubs are closed in NC!!!!
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 23 Oct 2020 00:01 #108257

John you never told us? Are you going to do a full restoration on the Gator or you going to leave it all original?
1958 Hawk II, with a 1959 Mark 78A Super Marathon Six hanging off the back.
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 22 Oct 2020 22:07 #108254

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
Thanks to all of you. I think I have this one taken care of....I have others though.!!
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak

Last edit: Post by JR.

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 22 Oct 2020 15:04 #108250

I may be able to do this as well. If you need a plan B.
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 22 Oct 2020 14:45 #108249

MercuryMarc wrote: Rick, if you have trouble i could probably help out too.

Thanks Marc. Stuff like this is remarkably painless and inexpensive here.
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
'59 Crestliner Jetstreak - '60 Merc 300
Etched Panels & Plates

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 22 Oct 2020 14:32 #108247

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
thanks

Trailer Title/Reg. Trouble Here We Go Again 22 Oct 2020 14:30 #108246

RickG wrote: I can do that John. Check your texts.

Rick, if you have trouble i could probably help out too.
1958 Hawk II, with a 1959 Mark 78A Super Marathon Six hanging off the back.
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2286
  • Latest Member:jpeter
  • Total Posts:98.4k
  • Total Topics:7257
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:5