Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Steering Cable Grommets 16 May 2021 01:52 #111693

Oh. We were just debating what to do about these. We'll take a count in the morning and add this to the steering shaft list.

For whatever we lose(like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea

Coastal GA
54 Vagabond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steering Cable Grommets 14 May 2021 00:10 #111651

Rick, I'll take 8 of the Black/Black sets.  my address is Pete Conwell, PO Box 132, Quinlan, TX 75474

as for the speedo......instead of green, let's do a red face.  i like the red lettering on your switch plates.  My email will cover the switch plate.  I might even do the control box in the red.  i never have been a fan of green on anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Steering Cable Grommets 10 May 2021 20:05 #111573

• RickG
  • RickG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 1042
I'll post this again here in Member Services. With some new members arriving lately the question of where to get these is coming up again.  Hopefully, this will be easier to find.  The correct part is an O-Z/Gedney ABB-75 phenolic panel bushing set.  Typically, our boats will usually require 4 to 8 sets, depending on the boat model, what you're running through the bulkheads, and assuming that you're not going to install them in every unused hole. You might find it cheaper and more expedient to just use rubber bushings in places where there are just wires, speedometer tubes, or other non-moving things, and save these for the steering cables.

You may be able to find these at your local electrical supply house but they probably won't be cheap, if they have them at all.

As before, I was able to buy some in bulk and can offer them to members here at a reduced cost.  If you need some, PM or email me with how many you need along with your mailing address, and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.  This time there's 2 options, black/black or gray/black as shown below:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The gray 'A' part is actually pretty easy to find at your local home center or hardware store.  The color aside, their shape is a bit closer to the original ones than that of the new black ones:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The black O-Z/Gedney part is a bit less common.  I had to pay a bit extra for this last batch of black 'A' parts, but got a great deal on the 'BB' parts, so the net is that the price is the same as it was for the first round a couple years ago. Black/Black is $2.50/set and the Black/Gray is a bit cheaper at $2.00/set.  Figure on another $3.20 - $4.00 (depending on how many) for USPS First Class postage to the US, or about $13.50 to Canada.  I'll get you the exact postage at the time of your order.  Paypal or personal checks are fine.  As these are ordered I'll update the remaining quantities below.

Quantities available as of 6/7/21:
Type 'BB' - Black (male) available: 76
Type 'A' - Black (female) available: 46
Type 'A' - Gray (female) available: 30
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
Etched Panels & Plates
Speedometers
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, scoot, boatcrazy, jmhyatt, oldlure, MercuryMarc

Last edit: by RickG.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2413
  • Latest Member:oldboater
  • Total Posts:102k
  • Total Topics:7399
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0