Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

1957 Lone Star Holiday 05 Apr 2020 18:25 #103440

Talk to John. He has way to much stuff…..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Photoguy, aero craft jcc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1957 Lone Star Holiday 04 Apr 2020 13:45 #103408

I covet that Clipper!

Boatboy wrote: Reverse shear is when the forward deck of a boat slants down toward the bow.

1957 Lone Star Holiday 04 Apr 2020 04:32 #103401

not tin.. but here is another Reverse shear boat in wood... I like the looks of it !!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by aero craft jcc.

1957 Lone Star Holiday 02 Apr 2020 20:03 #103364

Reverse shear is when the forward deck of a boat slants down toward the bow.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, oldlure, Photoguy, aero craft jcc

Last edit: by Boatboy.

1957 Lone Star Holiday 02 Apr 2020 10:22 #103360

Boatboy wrote: I really like the looks of a boat with reverse shear like yours and the Clipper.

What is reverse shear?
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou

1957 Lone Star Holiday 02 Apr 2020 01:27 #103356

I really like the looks of a boat with reverse shear like yours and the Clipper.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD
The following user(s) said Thank You: aero craft jcc

1957 Lone Star Holiday 01 Apr 2020 22:15 #103352

Here are a few photos I took today... before and after... not really to noticeable... front rollers down a bit and moved back a bit.. rear rollers up a bit and now more under the transom... winch post stop raised.. if I keep it on this trailer a I will probably convert it to bunks.. there's still a little wood left to remove and some dirt but its still wet today..

The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

1957 Lone Star Holiday 31 Mar 2020 21:27 #103337

Well Locomotion.... I hate to say it..... but it all started with One !! now I have to many !! I have six.. but two are on the front burner's !! three may find new homes.. up front are my 22 1/2 ft. Winninghoff ? and my Aero Craft JCC.. and this one that will all be keepers.. its probable the other three may leave..
I took my camera today but forgot the photo card.....

Last edit: by aero craft jcc.

1957 Lone Star Holiday 31 Mar 2020 11:10 #103329

aero craft jcc wrote: I forgot to take my camera with me today so I couldn't get any photos.. I bought the trailer to get the boat home so I had to do a quick adjustment to everything on site as the boat was hanging above it.. it was a quick thing and wasn't the best but good enough to make the trip..
After work I spent a couple hours jacking up the boat and lowering the front rollers to the lower holes and sliding the rollers in and out and forward and back so they were under the cross supports as best I could them.. I raised the rear rollers to the top holes and adjusted them the same.. that brought the bow down some and I was able to adjust the winch post so the stop is now over the bow eye and it pulls straight forward instead of down.. the whole thing looks better now..
I cleaned out most of the wet gunk that I'm guessing was about 100 lbs. I'll post some photos tomorrow.. this is going to be basically a back burner project but will be worked on a little at a time when I have excess materials from my other projects..

I've been to Dan's, I know all about those kind of jobs, how many burners do you have :hmm:
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, aero craft jcc

1957 Lone Star Holiday 31 Mar 2020 01:07 #103325

I forgot to take my camera with me today so I couldn't get any photos.. I bought the trailer to get the boat home so I had to do a quick adjustment to everything on site as the boat was hanging above it.. it was a quick thing and wasn't the best but good enough to make the trip..
After work I spent a couple hours jacking up the boat and lowering the front rollers to the lower holes and sliding the rollers in and out and forward and back so they were under the cross supports as best I could them.. I raised the rear rollers to the top holes and adjusted them the same.. that brought the bow down some and I was able to adjust the winch post so the stop is now over the bow eye and it pulls straight forward instead of down.. the whole thing looks better now..
I cleaned out most of the wet gunk that I'm guessing was about 100 lbs. I'll post some photos tomorrow.. this is going to be basically a back burner project but will be worked on a little at a time when I have excess materials from my other projects..
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2217
  • Latest Member:Shootrock
  • Total Posts:96.3k
  • Total Topics:7126
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:1
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:5
  • Yesterday Answer:6