TOPIC:

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 10:26 #51141

• squirrelboydeluxe
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Wisdom may come on little cat's feet but in so doi
  • Thank you received: 128
My contribution to this thread would not have been possible without sgower-
who certainly must have done something to the site to allow easier uploading of photos...something I could never quite manage before.

THANK YOU STEVE! Where in the sam hell would ANY of us be without you? :unsure:

merc geo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 10:08 #51140

• squirrelboydeluxe
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Wisdom may come on little cat's feet but in so doi
  • Thank you received: 128
Wayne
The ext door had two rollers/wheels that sat in the cannel above the door opening.
the rollers were on a metal bracket that screwed into the (wooden) door and the door slid to the right. The bathroom door worked the same.

The pic of the beautiful wood interior has had the bathroom section removed. To say that individual is a master craftsman would be like saying fat girls love funnel cake. WOW. That is the vision/dream/fantasy I had for my interior but I can't even hammer a nail straight let alone come up with something as gorgeous as that. This is EXACTLY why all my boats (except the raceboat) are made of aluminum. Thank you for those pics vintin- if you were here I would have chief rivithead kiss you on the forehead :kiss:

BBJ thanks for the offer but I would rather crossbreed my LS with a Chris Craft and get a little bastard baby with a beautiful wood interior like the picture. There are precious few boats that I still lust after but the LS Holiday is surely one of them. I think razor has one too. Twin (mercs of course) on an off-shore bracket on a holiday would be the cat's ass. Too cool for Sunday school. B)

Can we now please dispense with all the OMC nonsense on a Cruisemaster. merc geo is getting very queasy with such talk. The exception would be the 120mule ETEC- which would very likely push the mighty Cruisemaster to such velocity likely to "blow your hat off" :woohoo:

The East Coast Cruisemaster Coalition has a referendum on the docket however to let wbeaton put twin 40hp OMC's on his LSC- citing section 8 paragraph a of the outboard propulsion code:

***One is good, two is better, THREE IS PERFECT***

merc geo

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 04:12 #51139

This seems to be a good place to post some Cruisemaster photos I've collected over time off of the internet, so here goes.

"So shake the dust off of your wings and the sleep out of your eyes." Townes Van Zandt

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 04:05 #51138

Mine is missing the door and all of it's hardware. I'm also missing the window hardware but the frames, hinges and glazing are all intact.

I'm sure two 40hp OMC will push a Cruisemaster into the range you are looking for if a single 50hp hits 24mph. I was riding along side him in my Vagabond when he hit 24.

I've never had mine in the water but hope to one day. The Aluminum engine mount needs some serious work on mine. Overall my hull is in pretty good shape but the cabin has been gutted. Hardware ended up getting stolen when the previous owner had it. He had it in a 5 gallon bucket with a stainless prop and the thief got it all. I also have a 1964 90 hp OMC motor that looks to be in good shape that was on it at one time.
"So shake the dust off of your wings and the sleep out of your eyes." Townes Van Zandt

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 03:20 #51137

• wbeaton
  • wbeaton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 225
Vin Tin, does yours still have the exterior door? I'm curious what the door hardware looks like. Have you had yours on the water? 24 mph would be fine with me. With twin 40 hp's I'm hoping for a cruise speed of 20 mph and a max speed in the mid-high 20's.

I'm also impressed by how many Cruisemasters have stood the test of time.
Wayne
Hamilton, ON

1955 Vagabond I w/ 1955 Mercury MK55 50 hp
1957 Ranger III w/ 1957 Evinrude Big Twin 35 hp (sold)

Volunteer for the uppercanadachapteroftheaomci.yolasite.com/

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: by wbeaton.

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 03:01 #51136

Here's the second one..........Powered by a modern 120hp E-tech. No idea how fast this one goes, not that it matters.

This message has an attachment image.

Last edit: by VinTin.

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 02:54 #51135

We were out cruising Lake Lanier last year I believe and we came up on two Lonestar Cruisemasters and stopped and chatted with them a while.

This one is powered by a 50hp OMC and gets about 24 MPH.

Last edit: by VinTin.

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 02:45 #51134

Here's my membership card:

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 02:17 #51132

I love it George ! I'll haul the Holiday up and we'll put them in the barn together to see if they can make bambinos.......

1956 Lone Star Cruisemaster CRAZINESS! 29 Aug 2015 01:30 #51130

• Ian
  • Swabbie
  • Swabbie
  • Thank you received: 29
I have to say that I don't understand why the boat industry stopped making boats like this.

My parents have a fiberglass Doral Citation Cavalier. It's a little bigger but it's filled with an I/O V6 4.3 at the back. It's really heavy, we had to abandon a haul out and go get a 4x4 Chevy Z71 to pull it out. It's way to heavy to tow from lake to lake unless you have a full size truck. It only cruises at 22 knots with the V6 buzzing at 4000 rpm. The result is that it gets launched in the spring, pay a $2000 fee to sit in the marina, and only gets used locally.

With the Lone Star, we just pulled it half way across the continent with a 4 cylinder "Cute Ute" and I barely noticed that it was behind us. Really with no brakes on the trailer, it wasn't any different than towing a smaller boat, you just had to remember it was back there. It did block all visibility out the rear window.

With it powered by outboards all the space inside is yours.

Yep, it's on my radar to own one.
Ian

1958 Vagabond II
1958 Hawk I, on a Tee Nee
1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop

Volunteer of the uppercanadachapteroftheaomci.yolasite.com/

This image is hidden for guests.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2210
  • Latest Member:55BigTwin
  • Total Posts:96.2k
  • Total Topics:7119
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:1
  • Yesterday Answer:12