Skip to main content
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DuraCraft-Model/year unknown 09 May 2020 23:38 #104377

Nice Duracraft you have there !! its hard to find info on these that are older then 1958.. mine is the longer version at 16.6 ft. and has a beam of 70" .. it doesn't fit into any of the 1958 & newer specs.. or even in that 1957 catalog .. My serial number is 15568 and from what I have found on other sites it seems to be a 1956.. another guy that seems to have much better knowledge about them then I do has serial number 17898 and he says his is a 1957.. he also states Duracraft serial numbered their boats as each one was finished no matter which model it was.. so I would guess that yours could be a 1955 ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, Kingfisher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aero Craft JCC.

DuraCraft-Model/year unknown 09 May 2020 13:40 #104364

Nice looking Duracraft Dennis.

I particularly like how the transom area is covered and the wide gunnel arm rest, even in the back seat.
"It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future."
Yogi Berra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kingfisher

DuraCraft-Model/year unknown 09 May 2020 05:18 #104362

I believe that it is a 1957 DuraCraft DuraFlite. When I was growing up there was one on our lake that was white with red accents. The windshield was deep blue ¼” thick Plexiglas, exactly the same shape as the one in this photo. It must have been an option, as it was the identical shape as the one pictured. I’ve always been drawn to the bow handle, a neat design. It is the one piece of hardware that I just couldn’t part with when I sold my other stuff a few years ago. These images are from the 1957 catalog. The advertisement is dated January 1957. I have a couple of original decals around someplace, but they weren’t in very good condition. Great boat that looks to be in great condition.

Lee

1955 Vagabond
1947 AlumaCraft Model B
1957 AlumaCraft Model RB
1957 Larson Thunderhawk
1971 Larson All-American 166

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, Kingfisher, Aero Craft JCC

DuraCraft-Model/year unknown 09 May 2020 03:22 #104361

The "aero craft jjcc" recent post reminded me that I had not posted anything about a DuraCraft that I hauled back from KS in March 2019. Not as cool as a FeatherCraft, but in good shape. My case of rivetitis has severely worsened. This is the safe place for confession, right? My family thinks I'm crazy, but my wife is incredibly forgiving. I was a FeatherCraft addict and now I am an aluminum boat addict, there I said it.:hand:
This one is 14'8" or almost identical length of my 56 Vagabond. I would like to determine the model and year. The serial # is 14309.
I called the DuraCraft Co. in Monticello, AR and was told that the family sold the business and repurchased a number of years later. They did not get back any of the history records that went with the sale.
The boat appears to be well built with welded and riveted hull/deck. The motor is a 1959 Evinrude Lark Golden Jubilee 35hp. I have a Honda 40 hp short shaft 4-stroke with tilt-trim that I would like to use on the boat. HP and weight capacity? Thoughts?
Several months ago, I asked Steve to add a new category for DuraCraft under Other Aluminum Boats and he did right away. Being a random and delinquent posting person, I am finally getting this posted. Perhaps my questions are already answered throughout this site. Is there a way to gather all the DuraCraft posts in this category?
Keep the prop wet and the humor dry.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, Aero Craft JCC

Last edit: by Kingfisher.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2920
  • Latest Member:hlampley
  • Total Posts:118k
  • Total Topics:7988
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0