Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 05 Oct 2021 04:23 #115019

• 48off
  • 48off's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Glad I asked, as their is no way I would have figured.that out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 04 Oct 2021 19:55 #115013

Mkev2, you must be a West coaster if you vacation in Oregon. It seems most of these guys are from the east coast. What is the story behind your handel?
​​​​

Maybe someday I will be a west coaster, but for now, MKE is for Milwaukee.  MKEV2 since I have a Vagabond 2.  As you can imagine, the drive to Oregon is looooong, but there are no places in the midwest to dirtboat with our wheeled sail boats.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 02 Oct 2021 04:56 #114963

• 48off
Here is the Chrysler 20 ya that Chrysler remember the ugly powerboats they made. They made sailboats to.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 02 Oct 2021 04:41 #114962

• 48off
I started sailing when my friend won a snark sailboat at the boat show. His dad was a sailer and the kid had his own sailboat. He gave me or sold it to me for next to nothing. I don't know if he ever gave a crap about sailing. I had to learn to make it back home. Then my brother and I got a Hobie 45 year ago. About 15 years ago I got the 20 big boat,it's easier because it can sail on less wind and has a motor. It takes 5 minutes to get sailing, has stereo and you don't get wet and it won't tip over all the way. The Hobie takes 15 minutes and you need some wind to get home. I tell people all the time that I can scare you at 7 mph on the big boat and terrify you at 15 mph on the Hobie. If you are not scared I will flip it over to prove a point.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 02 Oct 2021 01:00 #114947

I used to be a sailor also. I sailed my dads Lightning and his Raven as well as my sisters Highlander. I had a 14 foot Hobie and a 16 foot Hobie. Those boats are all gone now and I have become a stink boater.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 01 Oct 2021 03:36 #114938

• 48off
Mkev2, you must be a West coaster if you vacation in Oregon. It seems most of these guys are from the east coast. What is the story behind your handel? I am also a sailer. I didn't. Show them in my pictures as I didn't think anyone would care. I have a 20 ft day sailer, and a Hobie 16 on the beach. The Hobie is like a top fuel dragster sailboat.This year I left the big sailboat out of the water as we started a home business and my wife would want to kill me every time I went sailing with the dogs, instead of working. I'm retired.
​​​​​
​​​​​I did get a few things done on the Jetstreak, I repurposed an old sunbrella  cover off my Boston whaler. And adjusted the trailer to fit it better, and installed some side guides, and made a pvc  tent  post for under the cover. And paint. Total cost $6 for the paint.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 29 Sep 2021 15:23 #114919

Tino looks like he's got personality spilling over.  They seem to get their way one way or another.  They can bend our will through force of effort and persistence alone.

That location is a large dry lake bed.  It floods about once a year and smooths everything out again.  It's in SE Oregon.  We go there to sail our home-made "sail boats".  Think of a long 3 wheeled craft with a mast and sail.  2 wheels in the rear for stability and 1 wheel in front for steering.  Since the ground is flat and typically quite hard, the wheels roll easy.  It's a great place to camp.  Add in sailing and it's a blast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cballer, 48off

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 29 Sep 2021 05:30 #114918

• 48off
Here he is.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 29 Sep 2021 04:13 #114917

• 48off
Mkev, The picture of your good old dog , shows him on what appears to be a lake that lacks moisture, as in no water. What's up with that? What is the old boys name? Here is a picture of my old guy Tino. He has been gone 6 and a half years,he was Mr personality. he did not care if he found a human that did not like a big wet smelly dog dropping sticks at their feet. He would.step up his game to convince them that throwing the stick was their only option, and he would be more than happy to bring it right back for another.If he could get you to throw it into the lake it was even better. He had a series of what I called his dog bone ladies. He would want a snack and go to a dog bone ladies house and bark until they would give him a millk bone. Then on to the next one ,all day long. 

​​​​

Idaho 14 Jetstreak 25 Sep 2021 13:31 #114825

The Avon we had was black with red accent. The bow cover was built into the boat and had a flap that came down with a zippered pocket. That was one boat that ran hard!

And beautiful boat bar.
Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2509
  • Latest Member:kennjenn
  • Total Posts:105k
  • Total Topics:7496
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:19
  • Yesterday Answer:22