Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Found a Jetstreak 14 Aug 2021 20:00 #113639

• cballer
  • 1957 Ranger IV, 1956 Evinrude 30hp Lark
  • Thank you received: 30
Congratulations on this jetstreak really cool not seen one. Thank!!
1957 Ranger IV
Love the Feathercraft!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 18:30 #113603

• RickG
  • RickG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Thank you received: 1136
Thanks JP.  The HOK 'kandy' is cool that way. I almost went for a darker base closer to yours but I had been looking at so many pictures and videos that I was still up in the air when the painter called and said he was ready to do it.  There's quite a bit of flake in the Orion Silver base. More than I expected. I love the color though and it'll look good next to JR's (...hint hint).

The guy who painted it did an awesome job. He's a teacher at a local vocational high school. I need to get the motor apart as it'll be painted to match the boat and he's planning to take it to school so his students can learn how to shoot a candy paint job.

Decals added...

"When you do good, nobody will notice. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
Etched Panels & Plates

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Last edit: by RickG.

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 18:20 #113602

• RickG
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
Ha! ...I posted the 'hardware on the deck' pics I sent you a few posts back.  I haven't had a chance to do much else lately with building a deck and catching up on my parts orders.

What we really need to see is pics of yours!

Also, JR has heard this already, but considering how this is coming out I was having reservations about putting the stiff and grungy rubber rub rail back on. Wefco Rubber Co. out in CA makes a bunch of profiles for the marine and automotive industries.  They didn't have this particular Crestliner profile but I sent them a CAD drawing and once the tooling is done there'll be a part number that anyone can order from them. I'll share that here and on the AOMCI site when I know what it is.
JR found the wind shield base to fin transition rubber profile and the rear grommets at McMaster-Carr (...of course they'd have it.  I really should always just look there first. :)
"When you do good, nobody will notice. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Etched Panels & Plates
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jpalin

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 14:25 #113597

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 628
Come on Rick. Stop holding back and show these boys and girls your beautiful Jetstreak with its new paint job!!!
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, VinTin

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 13:07 #113594

Rick, that pagan gold looks amazing and I love the laser cut rubber gaskets. It’s interesting how that color changes with a different base. I used black as a base and it has made mine more of a root beer color. You’ve inspired me to take it to the next level!
Jaques

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 11:55 #113592

Yep start a thread, I want to see two wet Golden's in a 12 ft boat with you 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 11:30 #113591

• RickG
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
Hi 480ff. Yes, they're really tiny boats, the 12', 2 seat ones even more so,  I was reminded of driving the little Opel GT I had when I was a kid.  I can't imagine taking my Goldens with me in it.

By all means, start a new thread on your adventure and post us up some pics of it all. We all love pictures.

Etched Panels & Plates

Last edit: by RickG.

Found a Jetstreak 13 Aug 2021 06:18 #113590

• 48off
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 6
Finally made it to the water, the water is 200 ft away. What I thought would be a 1 hour clamp a motor on And go, took about a week. I did polish the sides a little. My wife said your doing this to impress some guys you never met and most likely never will. I agreed it sounds dumb when you say it that way.  But it's a guy thing. I got some pictures,but today we were smoked out by wildfire smoke that came in overnight. We had about 800 ft visability. The motor had not run in about 7 years and did not start yesterday, and was stubborn tonight, but just before dark it worked. My two boat dogs went with, mostly because they will not be left behind. Two always wet ,wild male goldens. I forgot what a small boat the jetstreak  is. Pictures on the way. What all do you guys want to see, the fleet, my little piece of paradise. Let me know.

Found a Jetstreak 07 Aug 2021 16:24 #113429

• 48off
  • Away
I just read my post, to clarify the old boat not the kid.. Yikes.

Found a Jetstreak 07 Aug 2021 16:16 #113428

• 48off
  • Away
I figured you guys would want pics, so I'm spending a little time on the sides as it is polished but has not been touched in 7 years. I gave it to my boys to try to get them away from video games. Didn't work. One had zero interest, the younger one wanted it as long as I payed for everything and did the work for him.  This one was molested bad, but it's had 50 holes welded ,seats mounts made and it's got the seats done. It's got rattle can paint so far, but the good stuff is coming. I'm getting it ready to float in a few days and I'll get pics when I'm done and it's more presentable. It's also on a different tee nee trailer that needs adjustment. We have several motors with the biggest to smallest a restored but not quite ready merc 400,  35 golden javalin, a 30 javalin, a Johnson 18, that is what is on it as it is restored and done,. And an electric 18 evinrude. I thought at one time about twin 18 power , but I think it would sink. A friend that I bought this from has a 12ft jetstreak. His is painted gold . I don't see it being finished anytime soon. I have 100 unfinished projects, he has 1000. I need several of your parts to make this whole. Thanks for the welcome, it was a fluke finding you guys on this site. I almost bought a feathercraft rocket, but someone beat me to it.
​​​​

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2496
  • Latest Member:Opieone28
  • Total Posts:104k
  • Total Topics:7484
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:24
  • Yesterday Answer:28