Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

50 Something Vagabond 05 May 2021 14:40 #111460

To continue the thread drift, that does not work on my iPad, the little triangle is grey. 
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Locomotion.

50 Something Vagabond 05 May 2021 12:58 #111457

• RickG
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 1015
It's difficult to screen shot this because it goes away when the reply box loses focus.  Not to be deterred... 2 computers and 3 different operating systems later:

Click under the last quoted response somewhere in the lower right corner and it'll appear.  Click on the little arrow and it'll drop you under the quotes.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
Etched Panels & Plates
Speedometers

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oldlure

Last edit: by RickG.

50 Something Vagabond 05 May 2021 01:12 #111447

The bunks don't go all the way back.  They go further now than they did. The transom support rollers sit about two inches in from the back. 

You want your transom taking the load. I would probably spend the time to make the adjustments.

I agree, I would hate to see all your hard work bite you later down the road, I know it will be frustrating to rework it, but in the end it will be worth it, honestly you will be glad you did, you come this far with so much great improvements,  keep on keeping on, cheers

Hey guys if you click on the little red arrow in the bottom right corner that shows up when you quote another's posting, your posting doesn't end up inside the quoted message. 

Not sure what arrow you are taking about Dan, can you take a screenshot?

Click here for information on Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

The following user(s) said Thank You: jabe

50 Something Vagabond 05 May 2021 00:32 #111433

The bunks don't go all the way back.  They go further now than they did. The transom support rollers sit about two inches in from the back. 

You want your transom taking the load. I would probably spend the time to make the adjustments.

I agree, I would hate to see all your hard work bite you later down the road, I know it will be frustrating to rework it, but in the end it will be worth it, honestly you will be glad you did, you come this far with so much great improvements,  keep on keeping on, cheers

Hey guys if you click on the little red arrow in the bottom right corner that shows up when you quote another's posting, your posting doesn't end up inside the quoted message. 

Just getting used to the lay of this land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, oldlure

50 Something Vagabond 05 May 2021 00:17 #111432

50 Something Vagabond 02 May 2021 22:41 #111376

Click here for information on Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

50 Something Vagabond 02 May 2021 21:37 #111373

This may contribute to the formation of a hook in your hull while trailering with a motor on the transom.

“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence

50 Something Vagabond 02 May 2021 21:22 #111372

• kmotawi
  • kmotawi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 186
50 Something Vagabond (54)
1960 Lone Star Eldorado
2001 25hp Yamaha
1961 40hp Evinrude

50 Something Vagabond 02 May 2021 20:31 #111371

I ment to ask, do your bunks flow past your transom, wasn't sure, thought them rollers looked like your last point of contact, which wouldn't be good

50 Something Vagabond 02 May 2021 19:49 #111370

My hand works pretty good   ;-)

yup, and a quick wipe on the jeans to wash my hands,  3 second feel, if I don't jump were all good to go,  batteries not included

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2380
  • Latest Member:Woodforge
  • Total Posts:101k
  • Total Topics:7373
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:1
  • Today Answer:9
  • Yesterday Answer:16