Skip to main content
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

CL Listings 10 Sep 2018 00:14 #88898

]

Locomotion wrote:

Paul wrote: Do you know the year of those other Feathercrafts w/ aluminum angle? Not sure what year mine is and that may help. Can't find the serial # in the usual spot.

Bill’s 46 has both the splash rail and the gunnels made from angle, the gunnel rail is made from two pieces of angle riveted together to make a channel.
Russ has a 48 that I am pretty sure has angle for the splash rails, I’m not sure about the gunnels. I would sure like to see photos of yours, especially detail shots of the gunnels.

Paul
the top picture is of the gunnels made from angle material,, and also here is a picture of the spray rails on the 1946 Runabout , as RAY said ,, the gunnels and the splash rail are made of angle alum pieces, and the stringers are also made of the same size material .two L angle pieces riveted together.
the 1947 Runabout has the same gunnels and spray rail , but not the stringers ,
But you said your boat has a Fin on it ??? we need pictures,
Paul ((( if you can please start a new Thread for this we are in the wrong area)) Thanks Bill
1946 Runabout
1948 Runabout

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rivet-runner.

CL Listings 09 Sep 2018 02:42 #88861

• Paul
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Mine has two single pieces of angle butted against each other for splash rails. I'm curious what they were thinking/doing now that I hear one was a 48. I'll try to get pics when I'm able. I will need help getting them on my chrome book. Thanks for the info. That helps clear up some of my curiosity.

CL Listings 09 Sep 2018 02:18 #88859

Paul wrote: Do you know the year of those other Feathercrafts w/ aluminum angle? Not sure what year mine is and that may help. Can't find the serial # in the usual spot.

Bill’s 46 has both the splash rail and the gunnels made from angle, the gunnel rail is made from two pieces of angle riveted together to make a channel.
Russ has a 48 that I am pretty sure has angle for the splash rails, I’m not sure about the gunnels. I would sure like to see photos of yours, especially detail shots of the gunnels.
"We love everybody, but we do as we please." Mungo Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivet-runner

Last edit: by Locomotion.

CL Listings 09 Sep 2018 00:20 #88857

• Paul
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Do you know the year of those other Feathercrafts w/ aluminum angle? Not sure what year mine is and that may help. Can't find the serial # in the usual spot.

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 22:03 #88852

gerg wrote:

DrChip wrote:

sgower wrote: 1947 Feather Craft Runabout on Tee Nee Trailer

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/d/1947-fe...bout/6666063144.html

Sold-sold-sold-TWO Runabouts sold-Tee Nee trailer still available..

This your’s? What is asking price for trailer if so?

$950-wHat I have in it restored, and picked up and brought back from Knoxville, TN

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 21:27 #88844

Paul wrote: I''ve got a runabout that survived it's races with only a couple dents, but it's a bit of a mystery. It has aluminum angle gunnels and spray rails which were pop riveted on with only one row of rivets, so I can only assume it never had spray rails from the factory. It still has the fin on the bottom, and no evidence of a rear seat. I was lucky enough to find it at a local yard sale about 20 years ago for 150 bucks. We've had more fun with that little boat than most of the others we've owned.

I have seen the angle gunnels and splash rails on other early Runabouts. I can’t imagine pop rivets being used by the Feather Craft factory, solid rivets are stronger, cheaper and faster to install.
"We love everybody, but we do as we please." Mungo Jerry

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 19:06 #88841

• Paul
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I''ve got a runabout that survived it's races with only a couple dents, but it's a bit of a mystery. It has aluminum angle gunnels and spray rails which were pop riveted on with only one row of rivets, so I can only assume it never had spray rails from the factory. It still has the fin on the bottom, and no evidence of a rear seat. I was lucky enough to find it at a local yard sale about 20 years ago for 150 bucks. We've had more fun with that little boat than most of the others we've owned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivet-runner, VinTin

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 18:28 #88839

Nope. Just brown pants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunswickian, MercuryMarc

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 18:19 #88838

Brunswickian wrote: That is interesting.

Last week I was cruising in the 12 foot Jet Streak down what looked to be a mirror smooth Mohawk river when my wife turned to me and said, "Why are we bouncing?" I told her to look more closely at the water. A closer examination revealed a slight ripple. Up ahead a mother duck and with a parade of ducklings behind her was crossing our path. I said, "Don't worry, I will steer around their wake." I can't image the pounding anyone racing down the Hudson in that tiny Feather Craft would take. I'm not sure it is only boat ribs that would end up breaking.

I would do it, white nuckled and all.... Did they wear depends back then....lol

Lake life is the best life,
Jump in a boat and go

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunswickian

CL Listings 08 Sep 2018 16:40 #88835

That is interesting.

Last week I was cruising in the 12 foot Jet Streak down what looked to be a mirror smooth Mohawk river when my wife turned to me and said, "Why are we bouncing?" I told her to look more closely at the water. A closer examination revealed a slight ripple. Up ahead a mother duck and with a parade of ducklings behind her was crossing our path. I said, "Don't worry, I will steer around their wake." I can't image the pounding anyone racing down the Hudson in that tiny Feather Craft would take. I'm not sure it is only boat ribs that would end up breaking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rushwal

Last edit: by Brunswickian.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2945
  • Latest Member:patrick
  • Total Posts:119k
  • Total Topics:8017
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:8