Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Listings

CL Listings 18 Jun 2019 01:06 #96540

Brunswickian wrote: Locomotion wrote: "What does surprise me is how low the price remains on these boats."

I agree, Ray. I find that I am inclined to consistently value these boats more than the market does. I expected that Hawk to get some bidders. Cheaper boats seem to clear the market faster than boats that are more expensive but represent better value. Someone who buys a boat like that Hawk and goes through the effort and expense of painting, reupholstering and adding a three thousand dollar motor is going to take a beating when they sell it.

I spent 30 years on and off drag racing Harley Davidson Motorcycles, I always had the mindset that I was buying the experience and if I couldn't afford to "ride my money out of it" I shouldn't do it (but I like fast cars too, what are you going to do?) B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunswickian, HawkEyes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ray

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."
Arthur Schopenhauer

1956 Vagabond I - 50 HP Johnson
1950 Flyer - 50 HP Evinrude
1/2-195something Flash - KG7
1956 Golden Rocket, Sawzall Special
Last edit: by Locomotion.

CL Listings 18 Jun 2019 00:34 #96537

Locomotion wrote: "What does surprise me is how low the price remains on these boats."

I agree, Ray. I find that I am inclined to consistently value these boats more than the market does. I expected that Hawk to get some bidders. Cheaper boats seem to clear the market faster than boats that are more expensive but represent better value. Someone who buys a boat like that Hawk and goes through the effort and expense of painting, reupholstering and adding a three thousand dollar motor is going to take a beating when they sell it.

CL Listings 18 Jun 2019 00:33 #96536

• HawkEyes
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Thank you received: 585
[quote

I would not be surprised if there is a reserve above the starting bid number. What does surprise me is how low the price remains on these boats.[/quote]

I think as the old Woody's get more and more expensive to restore we will see these boats go up in value.

Mercury Marc, 1958 Hawk II. 1961 Merc 400

CL Listings 17 Jun 2019 23:23 #96529

Brunswickian wrote: The '58 Hawk expired without anyone offering to meet the seller's $5,500 minimum. WIth new paint and interior, restored trailer and rebuilt motor, there is value there. I'm surprised it didn't attract any interest. That has to be disheartening to the seller.

I would not be surprised if there is a reserve above the starting bid number. What does surprise me is how low the price remains on these boats.

Ray

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."
Arthur Schopenhauer

CL Listings 17 Jun 2019 20:32 #96523

It has been relisted again, same starting bid.

Mike
1950 Skipper on Holsclaw Boat Roadster trailer
1954 Vagabond w/ '57 Johnson 35hp
1955 Alumacraft FD on a Gator trailer
1956 Alumacraft FD

CL Listings 17 Jun 2019 19:06 #96522

The '58 Hawk expired without anyone offering to meet the seller's $5,500 minimum. WIth new paint and interior, restored trailer and rebuilt motor, there is value there. I'm surprised it didn't attract any interest. That has to be disheartening to the seller.

CL Listings 16 Jun 2019 01:38 #96481

jmhyatt wrote: Interesting. Fort Payne is not too far from home. I've been thinking about getting a "work boat". I built a dry-stacked stone "seawall" at our lake house to slow erosion of the lakefront from the wake boats. When the water drops on the lake, I sometimes go out fishing for stones for my wall. I usually take my plastic canoe with a Honda 2.3 HP motor. I'lll go out in the morning and bring back 5 or6 40-60 lb flat rocks. I wonder how this guy would do with a 2.3 HP motor. It's about the same length as my DR...

Go for it, I think it would do fine with the 2.3, weight might slow it down a bit but I don't think bad enough to be an issue.

Ray

Arthur Schopenhauer

CL Listings 16 Jun 2019 00:10 #96465

• jmhyatt
  • Ship's Carpenter
  • Ship's Carpenter
  • Thank you received: 325
Interesting. Fort Payne is not too far from home. I've been thinking about getting a "work boat". I built a dry-stacked stone "seawall" at our lake house to slow erosion of the lakefront from the wake boats. When the water drops on the lake, I sometimes go out fishing for stones for my wall. I usually take my plastic canoe with a Honda 2.3 HP motor. I'lll go out in the morning and bring back 5 or6 40-60 lb flat rocks. I wonder how this guy would do with a 2.3 HP motor. It's about the same length as my DR...

CL Listings 15 Jun 2019 23:47 #96464

says '59 Fisher
in Alabama

Mike
1950 Skipper on Holsclaw Boat Roadster trailer
1954 Vagabond w/ '57 Johnson 35hp
1955 Alumacraft FD on a Gator trailer
1956 Alumacraft FD

CL Listings 13 Jun 2019 11:48 #96351

That '58 Hawk in Virginia is a beautiful boat. It will be interesting to see what it sells for. I find it strange that the seller wrote that the grease stain on the back of the seat will come out. Why not just clean it off before taking the photo instead?
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkEyes

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:1966
  • Latest Member:FMCOKC
  • Total Posts:88.2k
  • Total Topics:6659
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:22
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:3
  • Today Answer:17
  • Yesterday Answer:41

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
jabe 5507
VinTin 4713
sgower 4618
Eagle127 4586
Locomotion 3835
Boatboy 3702
BigBadJon 3350
Carol 2905
unclbuz 2854
Bikecop1 2550

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Webmaster

Steve Gower
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

810-614-0734

Support

for support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events

Event Coordinator

Register

property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net