Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CL Listings

CL Listings 06 Jan 2020 01:54 #101154

That's funny about your FB page :mums: .... Is your real name David??? :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mercury Marc, 1958 Hawk II. 1961 Merc 400

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 21:00 #101127

My thanks to Larry, Carol and Marc for responding to my question. I spent a lot of time looking from state to state on GL for my Vagabond and found myself talking to people hundreds of miles away before a boat turned up forty minutes down the New York State Thruway. I suppose it is more proof of my status as a dinosaur that I was unaware that FB had eclipsed GL as a venue for selling. As far as it being safer,... I'm not so sure. I have a confession to make. My Face Book page is a fabrication. Please don't rat me out to Mark Zuckerberg. I was only interested in the boating and car groups. I didn't want to actually communicate with anyone. I have searched market place for Feather Crafts but haven't found many. At one time, I put my Vagabond, Jet Streak and Jet Star up for sale on FB mainly to prove to my wife that there would be a greater fool out there willing to take our boats off our hands if some unimaginable financial calamity should strike. The Vagabond generated the most interest and the most "likes." She seems to have forgotten that I'd agreed to sell one of the boats. I'm not going to reminder her.

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 20:28 #101126

I agree with Larry and Carol. FB seems to be a little safer and it is a lot easier to put an ad to sell something.

Mercury Marc, 1958 Hawk II. 1961 Merc 400

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 20:16 #101123

• Carol
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Thank you received: 114
When the season kicks in there will be a glut of them again. Dont lose sleep over it.

Carol Tenge

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 20:10 #101122

Brunswickian wrote: I have a question for the board. When I was searching for a Feather Craft, I went through the past listings to look at prices. I found that five years ago, there were far more CL listings, many made by by a poster named TK. My question is, why has the number of listings decreased so sharply? There don't seem to be as many boats on the market as there were in the past.. There hasn't been a boat listed in the Feather Craft classifieds for some time.

It seems that most private sales of nearly everything has moved from CraigsList to Facebook Marketplace. This happened to coincide with several CL murders, including the well publicized, here in Atlanta, classic mustang incident that ended in a couple getting murdered going to look at a car that did not even exist.

www.ajc.com/news/local/court-upholds-dis...mvGDuUfv6Z1Xgz5JItI/

Craigslist can be nearly anonymous if the seller is registered with a hotmail or similar account. FB has some accountability as you have to be a real, traceable, person to have an account and post. FB doesn't make it truly safe, nothing is, but that is how people feel now.

I just searched FB marketplace and found 8 for sale "near" Atlanta and none on CL.

1952 Deluxe Runabout 1956 Johnson 30hp
Last edit: by The Art Doctor.

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 18:20 #101119

1956 Falcon for Sale in CT reasonable priced at a $1000.00

westernmass.craigslist.org/boa/d/somers-...lcon/7039112487.html

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 18:10 #101118

There was a site that would check CL listings by State that I used but CL stopped them. It is a lot more work now. I seldom check more than FL now.
I believe they are still out there, just more work to find them.
I found my Skipper as a result of a CL ad TK posted but he has not posted one in a long time. He is still out there, posted in Nov.

Mike
1950 Skipper on Holsclaw Boat Roadster trailer
1954 Vagabond w/ '57 Johnson 35hp
1955 Alumacraft FD on a Gator trailer
1956 Alumacraft FD

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 17:52 #101116

I have a question for the board. When I was searching for a Feather Craft, I went through the past listings to look at prices. I found that five years ago, there were far more CL listings, many made by by a poster named TK. My question is, why has the number of listings decreased so sharply? There don't seem to be as many boats on the market as there were in the past.. There hasn't been a boat listed in the Feather Craft classifieds for some time.

CL Listings 04 Jan 2020 04:15 #101113

I agree it would be a cool boat, but it's shipwreck at an over inflated price!

CL Listings 03 Jan 2020 22:05 #101108

That would be a cool project and a big one.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2051
  • Latest Member:navydoc16
  • Total Posts:91.2k
  • Total Topics:6821
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:2
  • Yesterday Answer:39

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
jabe 5627
VinTin 4846
sgower 4687
Eagle127 4642
Locomotion 4043
Boatboy 3836
BigBadJon 3475
unclbuz 2962
Carol 2923
Bikecop1 2605

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Webmaster

Steve Gower
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

810-614-0734

Support

for support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events

Event Coordinator

Register

property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net