Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 19:55 #106422

Another Disney story? Cute little boat. Not aluminum.

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/938580260295930

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 16:48 #106416

(quote)I offered to give my 18 year old step son a Civic that was old but ran well. He told me he would prefer something that was turbocharged. I suggested a car without a turbo would be a hell of step up from the bicycle he was riding. I'd have been thrilled to be given that car at his age. These kids have had lives that have been far too easy. They are grossly ill-equipped to cope with the troubles that are looming.[/quote]

i couldnt agree more!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunswickian

Last edit: by rivets and finz.

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 16:29 #106415

It may be more of a matter of not having any interest in boating than being ungrateful. He should have tried to determine whether a vintage boat would be of any interest to them before parting with his money.

I offered to give my 18 year old step son a Civic that was old but ran well. He told me he would prefer something that was turbocharged. I suggested a car without a turbo would be a hell of step up from the bicycle he was riding. I'd have been thrilled to be given that car at his age. These kids have had lives that have been far too easy. They are grossly ill-equipped to cope with the troubles that are looming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, WetWillie

Last edit: by Brunswickian.

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 16:18 #106414

Brunswickian wrote: There is a beautiful '57 Cadillac on an equally nice trailer selling for $2,800 on the Winchendon N.H craigslist site. A steal at that price.

sounds like the guys grandaughters are spoiled little brats need a reality lesson

when growing up,or even now, if anyone wanted to get a boat for me i would be totally thankful no matter what it was and just happy to have a boat
The following user(s) said Thank You: WetWillie

Last edit: by rivets and finz.

CL Listings 24 Jul 2020 15:59 #106410

Thanks, Rick. You are too kind. I will let my wife know. She will be thrilled.

That looks like a hell of a deal for anyone who doesn't already have too many "pieces of history" in their back yard.

I just got through waxing the JS with some over priced German product that really isn't wax. I have to say, that is a damn pretty
little boat. It looks cool at night because, as I'm sure you know, it has a translucent flag poll.

There is something you need to know. There has developed a very thin layer of paint loss around the circumference of the rivets on the back deck. I believe it is called galvanic corrosion, an electrical phenomenon that results because the rivets and the boat are not of the same material. I'm going to see if a body shop can identify the paint that was used on the boat. It may be possible to cover it up with touch up paint but it is going to return. This has been a serious problem for Boeing because airlines are not happy about buying new planes only to have them look like old planes to the passengers boarding them. I course, it doesn't mean anything practically speaking except that now I'm gonna have to give you a discount.

Last edit: by Brunswickian.

CL Listings 24 Jul 2020 15:31 #106409

• RickG
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 890
Yep... Vintage 1957 Cadillac Boat - $2800 (Winchendon) worcester.craigslist.org/boa/d/rindge-vi...boat/7158602470.html

It's actually just across the border in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, not in NH. It's about 15 minutes away from me though David. I'd be happy to go get it for you. ;)

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 14:31 #106407

There is a beautiful '57 Cadillac on an equally nice trailer selling for $2,800 on the Winchendon N.H craigslist site. A steal at that price.

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 11:42 #106405

That is in beautiful condition. The configuration of the trailer seems a bit odd, with the wheels under the stern.

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 10:49 #106404

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 430
Wow. And a bargain too.
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

vagabond 24 Jul 2020 04:16 #106403

If you're looking to drop some serious cash on an aluminum boat, perhaps this is more your style. Comes with a 1956 all original Javelin.

madison.craigslist.org/boa/d/crystal-lak...bout/7161316888.html

Lee Wangstad

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, VinTin

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2207
  • Latest Member:jonespti555
  • Total Posts:96.2k
  • Total Topics:7117
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:0
  • Yesterday Answer:23