Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CL Listings

CL Listings 14 Feb 2019 12:57 #93424

Thanks for posting the spec sheet for Lone Star boats. There several currently for sale that have been on the market for a long time that I think are appealing. There is a restored Malibu that looked to be in excellent condition and had a working motor for eight hundred bucks. There is a seller in MI asking twenty seven hundred for a Nassau with a fifty horsepower motor. It too has been restored with new upholstery and paint. I'm tempted by a Malibu with a low hours 40hp. Merc that is selling for less than the NADA price of the motor. The two Cruismasters currently on GL seem pretty cheap if they are sound. Is there a reason no one seems to want these boats?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CL Listings 14 Feb 2019 04:00 #93422

• VinTin
  • First Mate
  • First Mate
  • Thank you received: 1252

HawkEyes wrote:
Dan, as I looked at the one you posted and you saying its a 21ft. Not a 26. I gotta say I am impressed! That's a hell of a lot of boat for 21ft. Nice big open deck and a cabin.

What's the beam length on that boat?

==============================================================================

Here are some specs: www.fiberglassics.com/library/images/2/2d/Lonestarbb003.jpg

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkEyes

Last edit: by VinTin.

CL Listings 14 Feb 2019 02:22 #93420

VinTin wrote:

HawkEyes wrote: They seem underpowered. that 26ft needs two motors or bow thrust. I wouldn't even think of trying to dock that big ole boat without two motors.

That boat in 21ft. Not 26ft like the ad says.

It also has had it's transom cut to mount the motor. The Cruisemaster came from the factory with an external outboard motor mounting bracket.

Here is a Cruisemaster for sale in Knoxville in much better shape and does not have the butchered transom.
knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/d/friendsvi...ster/6815174837.html

Dan, as I looked at the one you posted and you saying its a 21ft. Not a 26. I gotta say I am impressed! That's a hell of a lot of boat for 21ft. Nice big open deck and a cabin.

What's the beam length on that boat?

Mercury Marc, No trailer Queen here! 1958 Hawk II, 1961 Merc 400 x2, 1955 Mark 25E. 1953 Mark 20
Last edit: by HawkEyes.

CL Listings 13 Feb 2019 14:42 #93416

i have a 57 Admiral; mine is built with a thinner material allowing for more dents but they make a nice ride

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

CL Listings 12 Feb 2019 20:18 #93407

• sgower
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • riveted by design...
  • Thank you received: 1016
Good catch Dan on the transom, that one I missed totally. The link you posted shows how nice that boat could clean up.

Steve Gower Web Master http://www.feathercraft.net
Owner: 1955 Vagabond, 1958 35HP Johnson
1953 Deluxe Runabout

CL Listings 12 Feb 2019 16:57 #93404

• VinTin
  • First Mate
  • First Mate
  • Thank you received: 1252

HawkEyes wrote: They seem underpowered. that 26ft needs two motors or bow thrust. I wouldn't even think of trying to dock that big ole boat without two motors.

That boat in 21ft. Not 26ft like the ad says.

It also has had it's transom cut to mount the motor. The Cruisemaster came from the factory with an external outboard motor mounting bracket.

Here is a Cruisemaster for sale in Knoxville in much better shape and does not have the butchered transom.
knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/d/friendsvi...ster/6815174837.html

Last edit: by VinTin.

CL Listings 12 Feb 2019 15:44 #93396

• sgower
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • riveted by design...
  • Thank you received: 1016

Brunswickian wrote: The boat has all kinds of crap inside. It is a mess which the seller made no effort at all to clean it up. I see that more often than I would expect to. The boat being sold will be full of old tires and other debris. I think it is strange. You would think someone trying to sell something would at least try to make it look like someone made an effort.

Does anyone here have any experience with Lone Star boats? There seem to be a lot of them for sale. How does their build quality compare with Feather Crafts?

The boat being full of junk is probably what is keeping the price down. It is a steal for that price. The 115HP probably moves that boat along just fine. If I had the room or a place to keep the boat while I worked on it I would go and get it. Looks like all the original windows are intact, the interior would need a good clean out. Looks like alot of that stuff in the boat is for the boat.

Steve Gower Web Master http://www.feathercraft.net
Owner: 1955 Vagabond, 1958 35HP Johnson
1953 Deluxe Runabout

CL Listings 12 Feb 2019 13:39 #93393

Share a small vintage AL racer in new Jersey.. Maybe boat was raced in Conn. ? Merc motor. Wally . . . . Kunkel posted . Up for sale is my slick little Aerocraft racing boat. I hate selling it but need to generate some cash. Can sell it with or without the motor. I haven’t run the motor but have every reason to believe that it runs. Good spark,compression,etc. I would accept offers over $2500 for the boat without the motor. The motor was on the boat originally. If the motor is purchased with the boat, add $900. Will sell separately for $1200. . Seems to be another boat vertical against wall .?

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=17110949...79683&type=3&theater

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=17110948...79683&type=3&theater

1970 Mon-Ark 16 ft skiff
1957 Merc Mark 25
Last edit: by Split. Reason: typo, 2nd pic link

CL Listings 11 Feb 2019 23:43 #93389

They seem underpowered. that 26ft needs two motors or bow thrust. I wouldn't even think of trying to dock that big ole boat without two motors.

Mercury Marc, No trailer Queen here! 1958 Hawk II, 1961 Merc 400 x2, 1955 Mark 25E. 1953 Mark 20

CL Listings 11 Feb 2019 22:31 #93388

I don't know anything about those big Lonestars, other than I'd like to fix one up one day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rushwal

54 Vagabond
40 hp 1961 Lark iV
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:1815
  • Latest Member:Catimini
  • Total Posts:83.2k
  • Total Topics:6434
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:22
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:5
  • Yesterday Answer:29

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
jabe 5014
sgower 4531
VinTin 4523
Eagle127 4514
Boatboy 3524
Locomotion 3446
BigBadJon 3188
Carol 2900
unclbuz 2747
Bikecop1 2490

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Webmaster

Steve Gower
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

810-614-0734

Support

for support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events

Event Coordinator

Register

property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net