Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 12:20 #126209

• scoot
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 1139
I only met Nick a few times and it was obvious that he was a contented soul and a gentleman. Always to be treated with the utmost respect. Will miss seeing Nick in the fall at Arrowhead.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, Boatboy, alanbiltz, WetWillie, SARGE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 11:24 #126208

Such a fine, unassuming gentleman. 
I too have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. He will sorely be missed. 
Conversations with Nick were always quiet and peaceful. They left you with the feeling that he had passed on his knowledge and you were wiser for it. 
RIP Nick and Geri 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, Boatboy, alanbiltz, WetWillie, jmhyatt, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 07:05 #126207

Nick, Rocketman, Mayor, FeatherCraft enthusiast, gentleman, friend to all   

Melton Hill Lake July 2017         https://youtu.be./CVDpoPqwDcA
Miss you old friend, thanks for the memories.
Keep the prop wet and the humor dry.

Last edit: by Kingfisher.

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 03:13 #126206

I don't mind stating that my eyes are welling up and there's a lump in my throat as I type this. I couldn't agree more with everything that's been written and am thankful and honored to have been his friend. He was truly a gentleman and classy individual that couldn't have been a better ambassador for the FC marque. 
God speed Mr Mayor and give my regards to Geri, LouAnne, Russ and Kathy.

Keep on smiling through the rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, Boatboy, Eagle127, alanbiltz, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 02:17 #126205

So thankful for our time this spring…..

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jr, Locomotion, Boatboy, alanbiltz, WetWillie, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 02:01 #126204

Captain Nick, our mayor…. will be truly missed by all of his Feathercraft friends. Nick was always a gentleman and a friend to everyone and we were all so blessed to get to know this man! I know of no other captain behind  the helm of a Feathercraft to be any more suited than Nick was… perfect fit. We love and will miss him! Prayers to Kay and all their families. He is also having a great reunion with Geri, family and his Lord. Bet there’s a Feathercraft riding on the Jordan today. Rest in peace our friend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, Boatboy, alanbiltz, WetWillie, jmhyatt, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 00:44 #126203

This image is hidden for guests.

He was the best of humanity . The quintessential Southern Gentleman. The rock for the FC community. No event was complete without his smiling face , His laugh was contagious and unique.This is very hard hitting. We are deeply saddened to lose this Icon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jr, Locomotion, BigBadJon, alanbiltz, WetWillie, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 18 Jul 2023 00:24 #126202

• Boatboy
  • Away
  • First Mate
  • First Mate
  • Thank you received: 1714
Nick and Geri invited me to stay at their home on several occasions following Tennessee meets. He was always kind and welcoming to me and everyone else he came in contact with. Nick was a real Feather Craft enthusiast and a true gentleman. I will truly miss him.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle127, alanbiltz, WetWillie, VinTin, SARGE

Nick Zurcher 17 Jul 2023 22:49 #126199

Truly saddens my heart, lump in my throat moment, Nick always had that true blue southern gentleman way about him ( spoken from a Canadian point of view) and i know he was seen the same any where he ventured, always welcomed me with open arms and kindness from the soul, thats was just Nick's way, gonna miss him terrible, dear Nick, may your new venture keep you on calm waters to enjoy what you loved, cheers my friend, till one day we meet again
The following user(s) said Thank You: jr, Locomotion, Boatboy, Eagle127, alanbiltz, WetWillie

Nick Zurcher 17 Jul 2023 21:23 #126198

Nick got me started on Feathercrafts. I saw him getting gas for his boat at the gas station, I turned around and went back, we talked a few minutes, then he invited me to go for a ride in his Vagabond down at City Park. We rode up to the steam plant and back. By that time other Feathercrafts showed up, I looked them over then went home with a new idea. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: jr, Locomotion, alanbiltz

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2920
  • Latest Member:hlampley
  • Total Posts:118k
  • Total Topics:7988
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3
  • Yesterday Answer:7