Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The XJ 08 Oct 2022 22:06 #123013

• jr
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 889
Glad to see you guys use your Jeeps for there intended purposes. Up here in our NC mountain town 95% of them are tricked out Rubicons driven by spoiled college students and wealthy 2nd homeowners. Needless to say, they never get off the pavement. But they look really cool in the Starbucks drive thru. It's kinda humorous actually. 
1950 Experimental Flyer, 1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, VinTin, RickG, cballer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The XJ 08 Oct 2022 17:13 #123010

Alan. Will we see you and Darlene in Florida in March?

Not sure on that one yet.  We loved boating down there and seeing everyone and we will go back just not sure if its going to be 2023. 
1955 Vagabond
1956 30hp Evinrude Lark
1973 Glastron GT 150

The XJ 05 Oct 2022 19:07 #122976

• scoot
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Thank you received: 777
Alan. Will we see you and Darlene in Florida in March?

The XJ 05 Oct 2022 13:45 #122974

Cool truck Rob, we need one of those now.Scoot, thanks for the great memory of the Wagoneer at Arrowhead.  It took long enough to leave the gas station while pulling the boat with the F-150…...add the jeep to the mix and you seem to never get to the end of the questions and comments.  Also can’t say how cool it is to see the Chrysler New Yorker parked in front of a tent of all things.  Definitely not your Woke generation.
Darlene said that the “I’m one of you guys now” quote gave here chills from head to toe.  As well as "our last hope being fresh blood and a quest for freedom."  That says it all. Thanks for the perspective.Your Grandson is going to be the envy of the neighborhood.  Barbie never had such a bad-ass Jeep !
1955 Vagabond
1956 30hp Evinrude Lark
1973 Glastron GT 150

The XJ 03 Oct 2022 03:12 #122945

• cballer
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • 1957 Ranger IV, 1956 Evinrude 30hp Lark
  • Thank you received: 385
Is there enough Hp to turn those tire with a jeep lol
1957 Ranger IV
Love the Feathercraft!!

Some people want to know how a watch works,
others just want to know what time it is.

The XJ 02 Oct 2022 22:03 #122942

Damn that's nice Rob !!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

The XJ 01 Oct 2022 23:35 #122913

Here is my J10.  I had to have it because my first new vehicle was a 78

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbiltz, scoot, cballer

The XJ 30 Sep 2022 05:07 #122890

Great Jeeps guys.The Wagoneer,,,OMG the last of the Land Yachts ! They are the pinnacle of luxury and Bravado . Have you seen the prices on Wagonmaster !!! Shipped from Texas all over the world. The XJ was named by Road and Track as the most utilitarian vehicle ever built. There is a great FB page called the XJ Preservation Society . Mostly all gearheads and real enthusiast . I fear the end is near for the Jeep. With the advent of the compass,patriot and liberty,,the writing is on the wall..The Woke generation has no need for them . I'm sure that soon they will be scorned for their heritage and history. The family I sold it to are Hungarian emigrants . When I handed him the keys you could have sworn I just turned over the Countach to him...Marty came and picked me up in his XJ,,,,as we pulled away he gave us a compliment that was heartfelt..He yelled out of the window of his new acquisition ...I'M ONE OF YOU GUYS NOW !!!!!! Emigration,,,our last hope for the republic. Fresh blood and a quest for freedom...After all JEEP is the universal moniker for Freedom, Individualism and Avidity . One item I do miss dearly,,Lock out hubs. I picked up a Barbie Jeep and converted for my Grandson. And I'm building the wall grills.   

Last edit: by Eagle127.

The XJ 28 Sep 2022 19:54 #122865

• scoot
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Boatswain's Mate
  • Thank you received: 777

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbiltz, Jpalin, cballer

The XJ 28 Sep 2022 17:20 #122864

I love the “In its natural environment” shots of your Jeeps,  being used.  I always appreciated the way a Jeep could pull off getting you to the end of the trail and in the next moment take you to a formal affair without missing a beat or making you feel inadequate,  that is as long as you got the mud out of your tire lugs so as not to leave a pile in the parking lot.  This is a Jeep family as well.  I bought my CJ-7 in 1988,  it was only 3 years old with just under 30K on the odometer.  I drove it the first time I ever went to Colorado in the early 1990’s.  It was such a great vehicle out there exploring it made up for no cruise control or A/C while driving to get there.   It has always been a conversation starter or a great way to meet similar thinking people that had the same characteristics as the Jeep,  easygoing, capable and reliable.  Its still my favorite four wheel vehicle,  now approaching 300K on the odometer I would still get rid of every other vehicle I have before I would part ways with this one.   Now just 3 years ago Darlene got her first Jeep,  a 1987 Grand Wagoneer with little rust and not a lot of miles,  74K , they were neglected miles the last 20 years or so,  its last 15 sitting in a barn in Alabama.  So after getting it home and fixing everything, (nothing worked) and driving it a little farther every outing,  we drove it to Ouray,  CO  this last July for the 20th anniversary Full size Jeep Invasion.  It was  right at a 3000K round trip with all the off roading we did around Ouray,  Imogene pass,  Ophir pass, Camp Bird Mine road with no major issues.  I’m not a professional mechanic and I still get aggravated working on these vehicles at times but it is such a pleasure messing around mechanically with these Jeeps as compared to working on anything new.

1955 Vagabond
1956 30hp Evinrude Lark
1973 Glastron GT 150

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, scoot, VinTin, SoHo Rivethead, Jpalin, cballer

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2689
  • Latest Member:xomijih545@teknowa.com
  • Total Posts:113k
  • Total Topics:7798
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3