Yeah, I'm a little afraid that my work was come to end until it warms up a bit.
The dash is wood. I took it out to use it as a template to replace it, or I'm thinking I might patch the holes and then cut a piece of aluminum to cover it.
There isn't any water or power at the Barn. I plan on getting the tires and bearings fixed up and maybe convert the roller trailer to bunks at Daves. I can't really work on it at the house for long, my neighborhood is too suburban to work on a boat in the driveway for more than a few days.
It will require a long shaft. I'm currently thinking modern, Pam loves the reliability of the Yamaha. (So do I.) I'm keeping my eye out for a 50 to 75 hp motor. I figure I'll know the right motor when I see it, but I'm not going to be in a super hurry to complete this project.
Take my time and do it up well is my thought, at the moment. After a few months of cabin fever, I may feel differently!
A bit more interior demo, but I forgot to take pictures.
Found several more bottom rivets that had been replaced with steel bolts and calking. They drilled out bad or loose rivets and used bolts, nuts, washers and a dap of calk on the inside to seal things up.
I got two out and am getting a workout climbing in and out and under the boat repositioning a vise grip on the underside loosening from above. I know this is what I call fun, but that part sorta feels like work!
I'm already looking forward to re-riveting these spots up, it will be very satisfying.
Going for a visit tomorrow. Mission #1--find the darn drain plug!