Topic

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 13 Oct 2020 04:32 #108042

Ricky Bobby here is ready...

FYI; I was on the swim team in high school and initially wore a size 26 waist Speedo—seriously-an image no one will be able to forget....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 13 Oct 2020 02:42 #108041

Locomotion wrote:

BigBadJon wrote:

Locomotion wrote:

MercuryMarc wrote: Chip, my 78A weighs 188 Lbs. I did a quick search over the weekend on your motor, and could not find the weight, my guess is 225 lbs.

If you want to go Ricky Bobby fast.... don't put a floor in it..

Or a windshield. ;-)

Or a bimini....

Or a hat, speedo only

lets hope the speedo is attached to the boat,not the operator!

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 13 Oct 2020 00:51 #108038

BigBadJon wrote:

Locomotion wrote:

MercuryMarc wrote: Chip, my 78A weighs 188 Lbs. I did a quick search over the weekend on your motor, and could not find the weight, my guess is 225 lbs.

Or a windshield. ;-)

Or a bimini....

Or a hat, speedo only

Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 13 Oct 2020 00:33 #108037

Locomotion wrote:

Or a windshield. ;-)

Or a bimini....
That's one of the better survivors of anodizing I've seen. Leaving it as is would be a proper homage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 12 Oct 2020 15:58 #108029

66kooch wrote: Chip, is the interior transom wood rotted as well? Looks like the outside wood was cut in several pieces? You going back to several pieces or all one piece?

I am thinking I’ll go,to,one piece-for better structural strength..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 66kooch

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 12 Oct 2020 12:11 #108025

Or a windshield. ;-)
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Last edit: Post by Locomotion.

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 12 Oct 2020 11:49 #108024

Chip, my 78A weighs 188 Lbs. I did a quick search over the weekend on your motor, and could not find the weight, my guess is 225 lbs.

1958 Hawk II, with a 1959 Mark 78A Super Marathon Six hanging off the back.
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Last edit: Post by MercuryMarc.

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 12 Oct 2020 10:50 #108023

Chip, is the interior transom wood rotted as well? Looks like the outside wood was cut in several pieces? You going back to several pieces or all one piece?

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 12 Oct 2020 03:43 #108021

Ok, will not paint it- my winter/Covid project is to get the engine assembled-it is still in the shipping crate and on the hull, after I get new wood on the transom. Want to get it rigged and do sea trials to see ho w it performs-have professional mechanic help. I’m curious of to- speed-I just wanna go fast-Like Rickey Bobby. After getting mechanicals sorted, will go to the cosmetics-has new floorboards but with green fake grass like carpet. Will remove this, paint it with non skid? I want to keep the weight down-object is a sleeper (not like over nighter). May replace with alum floorings. Then on to cosmetics, some fading of the anodizing on the outside, get that cleaned up. Very few if any dents, one scrape on the starboard side that kinda looks like the Monster energy logo. Cover it with a decal, make it into a claw mark, leave it. Refinish wheel, fit windshield, and then it goes on an already restored Tee Nee trailer that is finished and waiting..Am wondering how 100hp short shaft tower-of-power will push it along..will it take any more hp?

Marc-why does your 78A weigh? What do you think this short shaft 100 weighs..

Stay tuned...c

What blue and gol PAINT is close to Deluxe Clipper anodizing? 11 Oct 2020 23:40 #108014

That's going to be a helluva nice package when you're finished DrC. Like the other respondents said, I wouldn't paint it if it were mine.
"friends to the end."- Russ Cleaton

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2286
  • Latest Member:jpeter
  • Total Posts:98.5k
  • Total Topics:7257
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:0
  • Yesterday Answer:10