Topic

Hurricane Sally 01 Oct 2020 22:39 #107857

SW Florida gets my vote !!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hurricane Sally 01 Oct 2020 03:23 #107849

Our marina in Orange Beach was acquired by Safe Harbor Marinas on June 16, 2020. The marriage was a brief one, as I was notified on September 29 that Safe Harbor has been purchased by Sun Properties.

Sun owns some 400+ rv parks and 'resorts' around the country, mostly in warm weather locations and mostly fairly marginal facilities. We stayed in a few of them ten years ago, and subsequently avoided them like the plague.

It's looking like we'll be going somewhere else this winter. Maybe Naples or Marco Island, or elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Hurricane Sally 30 Sep 2020 02:15 #107836

wow, i hope you get all sorted to your satisfaction and the poor manager has a full and speedy recovery.

Hurricane Sally 23 Sep 2020 16:19 #107756

Rob, I'll pick up the payment for our bet today.

I missed everyone at Arrowhead this morning because I was on the phone with the insurance company snakes. What a fiasco it is over the damage claims from Sally.

As expected, they're trying to weasel out of liability for anything that got wet, claiming it was due to flooding/storm surge which is not covered by standard insurance. Our warehouse was completely destroyed by the wind, then the rain soaked what was left. There was no storm surge or flood damage whatsoever, but it looks like it's up to us to prove that was the case. What a bunch of crooks.

I did get some information about the number of boats that sank in the marinas at Orange Beach. It currently stands at 574 vessels, 30' or greater. Ono Island lost another 68, Gulf Shores 124, Elberta 48, and Pensacola lost 300+. That's more than 1000 boats than are total losses. It's a boat load of money, and that doesn't even include the damages to boats that survived.

In the "when it rains, it pours" category, our marina's manager was on top of the diesel fuel tanks on Monday, when he slipped and fell 35 feet, landing on his back across a concrete retention dike. He's hospitalized with a back that's broken in three places, and the prognosis sounds horrible. He was one of the good guys too.

Hurricane Sally 22 Sep 2020 04:08 #107743

We now know who was here first.
Great day today. Glad you and Nancy are here.

Hurricane Sally 20 Sep 2020 17:32 #107724

You're late Rob. We got in at 12:15 pm EDT. I prefer Heineken, but I've been known to drink Corona Lite, if it's cold enough and has a lime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Hurricane Sally 20 Sep 2020 01:30 #107716

Look for a brilliant reflection from a tiny boat.

I drink Dos Equis, just sayin.....

Hurricane Sally 19 Sep 2020 19:38 #107699

Hey Rob, you better kick the tires and light the fires, or this old slow boat is going to beat your ass to Watts Bar. We're in Dayton for tonight, and should be at Terrace View in the early afternoon tomorrow. Last one in buys the beer.

Last edit: Post by Barefeet.

Hurricane Sally 19 Sep 2020 13:51 #107687

Its been rough for hurricanes this year. We had no power for two weeks. I lived on Inerarity Point. Sorry to see such damage to a beautiful place. Hope all is well.

Hurricane Sally 19 Sep 2020 04:57 #107685

We live in Lillian, Alabama, just off Perdido Bay. Since we full time in our fifth wheel, we decided to abandon it and the Deluxe Clipper for a hotel in Pensacola. Glad we did! No major damage, but a huge mess, and it will likely be weeks before power is restored in our development. I probably worried more about the boat than our home! Tim

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: Post by Corinthcove.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2272
  • Latest Member:dennisky
  • Total Posts:98.1k
  • Total Topics:7236
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2