Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 20:27 #105638

Locomotion wrote: Craigslist if full of scam listings right now, boats listed at 1/10th their true value, and as always, if it looks too good to be true, it is.

It's crazy. Apparently these ads are phishing for email addresses since I guess they think you're a prequalified mark based on having cash on hand. At least the office line went quiet for a bit on scam calls, but I see they're ramping up again. It's disgraceful, really.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea
The following user(s) said Thank You: WetWillie, VinTin, RickG, rivets and finz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 20:24 #105637

• DrChip
  • DrChip's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Thank you received: 249

Locomotion wrote:

VinTin wrote: My Lonestar Cruisemaster pulled out of here on Saturday, on it's way to Texas!

Whoo hoo..

Congratulations! To both seller and buyer!

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 20:24 #105636

• DrChip
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor

Locomotion wrote: Craigslist if full of scam listings right now, boats listed at 1/10th their true value, and as always, if it looks too good to be true, it is.

Tru dat...

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 16:11 #105634

VinTin wrote: My Lonestar Cruisemaster pulled out of here on Saturday, on it's way to Texas!

Congratulations! To both seller and buyer!
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 16:09 #105633

My Lonestar Cruisemaster pulled out of here on Saturday, on it's way to Texas!
"So shake the dust off of your wings and the sleep out of your eyes." Townes Van Zandt

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 16:07 #105631

Craigslist if full of scam listings right now, boats listed at 1/10th their true value, and as always, if it looks too good to be true, it is.
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akwafunk

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 14:18 #105624

it seems like any form of recreation around me is also selling like crazy, bicycles riding themselves out ofthe stores soon as they get them in, cheaper boats selling soon as listed, and dirt bikes and atv also and selling for crazy prices .
i am looking for a mid size dirt bike for my kids and even mid 70's garbage ones are $2000 and gone in a day or two
i hope this is over sooner than later but looking at what is going on it says otherwise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akwafunk

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 11:34 #105620

There are 50 million people out of work. Last month alone one and a half million people applied for unemployment insurance. The number of Covid-19 cases is exploding across the country causing states to slow or reverse their plans for reopening. No one knows when this pandemic is going to end or what its long term economic impact is going to be. Food banks across the country are overwhelmed with the demand for food. I don't know who the hell is buying all these boats. There may come a time when there are a lot more people looking to sell boats than looking to buy them. We should recognize how lucky we are to be healthy and able to enjoy the pleasure of this hobby at a time when many of our fellow citizens are suffering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, WetWillie, VinTin, kmotawi, The Art Doctor, rivets and finz, Akwafunk

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 03:45 #105609

• DrChip
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
They. don’t...I follow the rule of “right of way of gross tonnage” aka “not who’s right, but who is left....“…sad but true...

quote="MercuryMarc" post=105605]

DrChip wrote: ..hot cakes? I’m being told by many sources that boats of all types, sizes and prices? being sold at record rates. The reasoning is that boating is one of the few, safer out;ets in the present climate..just reporting..

I hope all these boats selling come with safe boating courses.
I always said...."it doesn't take brains to own a boat.[/quote]

Boats selling like.... 29 Jun 2020 03:08 #105605

DrChip wrote: ..hot cakes? I’m being told by many sources that boats of all types, sizes and prices? being sold at record rates. The reasoning is that boating is one of the few, safer out;ets in the present climate..just reporting..

I hope all these boats selling come with safe boating courses.
I always said...."it doesn't take brains to own a boat.
Mercury Marc, 1958 Hawk II, Merc 400
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivets and finz

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2217
  • Latest Member:Shootrock
  • Total Posts:96.3k
  • Total Topics:7125
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:2