Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 3147

Topic

Donor FC 03 Oct 2019 18:03 #99491

Unc. Barefeet had only three posts. I wouldn't like to see someone fake a serial # just to sell a FeatherCraft. In Massachusetts They issue a "Hull Identification Number" in order to register a boat. Has nothing to do with the serial #. I'll try to be a little more tactful next time. I can be. Sometimes I'm not.

Scoot
56/7 Vagabond 1, 57Clipper
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Donor FC 03 Oct 2019 17:48 #99490

Make it a DRX if you are making it up.
But I agree with Scoot.
If you can show proof that you own the boat legally, the DMV will assign a HIN according to the 12 digit system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Donor FC 03 Oct 2019 16:40 #99489

scoot wrote: Don't destroy the reality of these boats just because it you want it to be a FeatherCraft.

Evidently, you misread or didn't read the original post. Barefeet has a Deluxe Runabout that has the serial number sanded off. I think he would be safe in referring to the serial number registry and selecting a number much higher than an existing registered one.
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefeet

Donor FC 03 Oct 2019 01:06 #99483

In my opinion it is not worth faking a number. Do you have pictures of the boat? I'd be pissed if I bought that boat thinking it was one number off from a boat that I had. Don't destroy the reality of these boats just because it you want it to be a FeatherCraft.
Sorry for the rant. I just don't think it is a good idea to deceive people.

Scoot
56/7 Vagabond 1, 57Clipper
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

Donor FC 02 Oct 2019 21:06 #99471

Yes, you are correct. It is a deluxe runabout. Based solely on the fittings and layout, and the motor (that is original), it appears to be a 1954.

I just happened upon a Vagabond yesterday, and wish I would have found it before I started this project. It is a 55, and somehow made it down here from Michigan. It was last registered there in 1972. It's in remarkable condition, primarily because a previous owner painted it. It wasn't a good paint job, so it's peeling off in sheets. Underneath, the aluminum is perfect.

Oh well, if the dog ran faster, he might have caught the rabbit.

Thank you both so much for your help. It is greatly approciated.

Donor FC 02 Oct 2019 20:49 #99468

If your boat is a 54 or 55 it may be a Deluxe Runabout, the standard Runabout was last listed in the catalogs in 1950.
Here is a link to the S/N registry www.feathercraft.net/rivets/sn-registry
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash

Donor FC 02 Oct 2019 20:33 #99466

Ok. That sounds almost too easy. Where can I find said registry?

Donor FC 02 Oct 2019 20:29 #99465

There would be no ID plate on a 54 or 55. The serial numbers are stamped into the aluminum on the transom. Get a letter and number punch set, find an ID number that is not on the registry and stamp it into the transom. Here in Kentucky, if you supply a pencil rubbing of the number it is possible to get a title
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence

Donor FC 02 Oct 2019 20:17 #99463

This is probably a long shot, but what the hell.... I have a 54 or 55 runabout (don't know which because a previous owner ground the vin off and titled it as a skiff since he didn't have a title). It's just completing a resto-mod, but I'd really like to title the thing as a Feathercraft. Hence the need for a donor. Don't care if it's been run over by a truck, as long as I can get the number and hopefully the plate off it. A title would be a huge bonus.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate suggestions.

Last edit: Post by Barefeet.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2270
  • Latest Member:s.c.leapley
  • Total Posts:97.9k
  • Total Topics:7229
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:1
  • Yesterday Open:1
  • Today Answer:15