Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Donor FC 17 Jun 2020 04:27 #105217

Ms. Carey and I had the extreme pleasure of meeting the owners of Barefeet. This is what I love about this Feather Craft community. I have made the closest friends thru this site I have ever made in my life. Do not hesitate to come to a meet or just hook up with a Feather Craft owner near you.. You will not regret it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgower, WetWillie, jabe, MercuryMarc, Barefeet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Donor FC 17 Jun 2020 04:24 #105216

So...... Rob and I spent the past weekend on family vacation, BUT.... also meeting our new Feathercraft.net friends. Richard and Nancy (she quietly informed me to just call him Dick, but he never said that so I'm a little nervous to do so...) allowed us to pull up to their big high falutin' Sportsman Marina dock in our BigBadJon looking like we owned the place! There was even a grab bar hanging on the pier that had my name on it! SOLD! I have a new mission. Every dock needs a few handicap grab bars installed for us ladies. In any case, what a delightful afternoon we had, and then joined them the next evening for dinner. Feathercraft friends are the most memorable!

There are appropriate times to paint our Feathercrafts ..... and one major reason would be for SALTWATER. Richard did a mouthwatering job. If a 1954 Feathercraft Deluxe Runabout should ever have makeup applied professionally, Richard Colby (aka Barefeet) is your connection! Rob and I are in love.

And to know that it will revive and re-premiere as the loving tender on the stern of the handsome custom vintage yacht named Barefeet in Perdido Key, Ala-damn-bama is even more spectacular. What a great life for a timeless beauty queen!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sgower, WetWillie, jabe, oldlure, Photoguy, Barefeet, Akwafunk

Last edit: by seaforrest.

Donor FC 29 May 2020 22:58 #104829

Geeez! Even the steering wheel looks cool!
"friends to the end."- Russ Cleaton

Donor FC 29 May 2020 00:44 #104802

I wanted to post a photo showing the perfect fit of the dash emblem in the center of many aftermarket steering wheels, and to say "thanks' to Steve G. for sending me one of the emblems.

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sgower, BigBadJon

Donor FC 14 May 2020 15:41 #104468

The smooth surfaces are due to two things. We did shave the rivets to remove the dome, then we faired them with Awlfair.

WetWillie, I just noticed your adoption question. I've already been adopted, but the big boat is always looking for more slave labor. If you're interested in never-ending work, with crappy hours but lots of sunshine, apply now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

Last edit: by Barefeet.

Donor FC 14 May 2020 12:36 #104466

• RickG
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 890
Wow! That's quite a transformation. The crane/davit system looks interesting too. I still am looking forward to seeing it on the back of the big boat. Question though... looking at the pics, I'm not seeing any rivets on the decks. Is it just the resolution, or did you shave them somehow for that smooth look?

Donor FC 14 May 2020 10:55 #104464

Looks great...definitely a cool RestoMod...
Definition of 'riveting'...If you describe something as riveting, you mean that it is extremely interesting and exciting, and that it holds your attention completely.

Donor FC 14 May 2020 03:39 #104462

We eliminated the Feathercraft transom corners when we replaced the transom. The corners are a big part of the structural integrity of the transom, so we needed to add some additional support, just in case. The two rods are adjustable (in the middle, under the stainless covers) and connect to plates on the back of the rear seat. Those plates are reinforced via the bottom of the seat to the floor ribs. They add a huge amount of strength to the transom, which we had already reinforced considerably.

Rob, you asked about the davits. It's more accurate to call what we're building cranes. Instead of cables or ropes to lift the DR, the arms of the davit will boom out, and then are retracted by a 24v cable winch housed in the pod on the arm assembly. I've attached a couple of photos.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: by Barefeet.

Donor FC 14 May 2020 03:26 #104461

That's a classy-looking ride into shore! What are the drive-shaft-looking rods on either side of the "engine room"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefeet

Donor FC 14 May 2020 03:14 #104460

Barefeet wrote: It's definitely been a learning experience, but the result makes it worth all the trouble. Now that I know what NOT to do, it's time to do another one.

THAT'S the spirit!!
"friends to the end."- Russ Cleaton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefeet

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2217
  • Latest Member:Shootrock
  • Total Posts:96.3k
  • Total Topics:7125
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:3
  • Yesterday Answer:6