Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kethridge's 1955 Vagabond

Kethridge's 1955 Vagabond 05 Jul 2017 20:07 #75703

• RickG
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Helmsman/Woman
  • Thank you received: 760

kethridge wrote: ... As for now I've got a bathroom remodel to finish before my wife will even let me think about touching the boat.

Boy, does that ever sound familiar! :)

Congratulations. That looks like a really nice boat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kethridge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kethridge's 1955 Vagabond 05 Jul 2017 18:43 #75702

Looks like a nice one. Well done. Big motivation to get the bathroom done.
How are you going to haul the Teardrop AND the Vagabond?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, kethridge

Kethridge's 1955 Vagabond 05 Jul 2017 18:21 #75701

Well it happened, much sooner than I predicted. I bought a FEATHER CRAFT. I joined the forum not too long ago and started looking for a boat. I've talked to several members and what a great place to come for information. You guys are truly awesome. I even had one member offer to sell me a boat, and then congratulate me when I informed him that I had gone another route. Everyone that I’ve talked to from all over the country shares not only a passion for these boats, but has a genuine respect for other people and willing to take the time to talk to a complete stranger.

I will share a little insight as to how I caught the fever for a Feather Craft.

In the spring of 2014 I acquired a 1971 Camper fixer-upper. This seemingly harmless project, 13ft tongue to bumper, 10ftx7ft Box, turned into a major overhaul. After finding that an army of carpenter ants had completely destroyed the camper I decided to tear it down to the frame and start from scratch. Now campers from the 70’s weren’t exactly my taste, boxy and boring. Practical? Sure. However teardrops from the 1950’s were calling my name. About a million clicks in AutoCAD I had a blueprint for the camper that we wanted. After countless hours, beers, and split firewood it was finished and we (my wife and I) took it camping the first time on Memorial Day weekend 2015. It’s an ongoing project to say the least, but we love it. See the pictures.

Anyways, the boat. I’ve always enjoyed boating, but never saw myself as a boat owner. With all the costs, headaches, and costs of owning a boat why not just ride in someone else’s? But now we’ve got a camper…and camp around lakes…maybe we could find a boat that’s affordable and looks good with the camper? Bingo. One google search was all it took. If we’re going to have a boat, it has to be a Feather Craft!
Fast-forward to July 4th, 2017. I met John in Martinsville, IN to look at it. A 1955 Vagabond I. From my limited knowledge, I concluded that I had found a good starting point for a restoration and brought her home!

I intend to use this thread as a progress page. I'm slow, and busy. I hope I can keep updates coming. As for now I've got a bathroom remodel to finish before my wife will even let me think about touching the boat.

Until then, stand by.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, jabe, seaforrest

Keith
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2092
  • Latest Member:edbauerusa
  • Total Posts:93.2k
  • Total Topics:6922
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:1
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:11
  • Yesterday Answer:31

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
jabe 5677
VinTin 4964
sgower 4729
Eagle127 4690
Locomotion 4199
Boatboy 3941
BigBadJon 3595
unclbuz 2988
Carol 2956
Bikecop1 2632

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Webmaster

Steve Gower
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

810-614-0734

Support

for support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events

Event Coordinator

Register

property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net