• Page:

TOPIC:

1958 Feathercraft 07 Jan 2019 02:12 #92635

• Boatboy
  • Away
  • Quartermaster
  • Quartermaster
  • Thank you received: 1141
Based on your bow handle I would say it's a 1958 or 59 year Rocket. 1957 had a different bow handle design.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1958 Feathercraft 07 Jan 2019 00:58 #92629

Is that the Chino airport, by chance? Those hangars look familiar...

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 23:26 #92625

I think your location should help you command a better price for your boat. These boats seem to be most common in the South East and the Mid West. I can't recall the last time I saw one for sale in California. If you aren't in a hurry, price it at 6k and see what happens. You never know. If someone in CA has been looking a long time and loves it, you might well get it. It's a sharp looking boat.

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 23:00 #92624

As said before, it is a 1957-59 Rocket Runabout. Try finding the Hull ID # as suggested already. It will be near the transom bracket on the outside of transom on the starboard side. I wouldn't take less than $4000 in my area for this, maybe even $5K if it is as good as it looks in your pics as it does in person. Beautiful boat. Now, in California, I would be inclined to even ask a bit more. There are VERY FEW on the west coast, rarely does any FC come up for sale and Rockets are rare to begin with. R-T-R boat, in a market that doesn't have options to begin with.... who knows where it would go. Best of luck

This can help...
www.feathercraft.net/rivets/serial-numbers

...1957 Catalog

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by nsul8r25.

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 22:30 #92623

It is not easy to fix a price on these boats. It just depends on who is looking for one and what they like. I dropped 6k on a 12 foot Jet Streak that was beautifully restored. I may very well have paid too much for it. It is tough to say because I couldn't find another one for sale to compare it to. In the end, I decided it didn't matter because I loved the boat and that was what the seller wanted. I don't regret buying it. I suspect it will work the same for your boat. I'd price it close to four k and see who bites. In my view, it would be a steal at $2,500. I am claiming no expertise on the matter. There are people here with a lot more experience than I have.

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 21:09 #92621

Mace, Welcome, & CONGRATS on nifty ROCKET model... Could be 57 - 59. Serial / date code will be indent in Al rear transom, right side on top , near wood... With the re-paint It may be filled over? You dont have any rear photos..... i just got a barn find in the Tenn / Georgia line two months ago that is the 58 Blue model .. Gold insert swish logo , side rear... It s should be a easy $ 2,500 as a finished ski boat... Maybe your area is not into vintage motors, etc.. The front seat was / is a WALK THRU design, & your boat has a full bench seat across... It may be more family friendly if have small kids. ?? You have the correct front bow handle or BIRD design , that I am missing. . Keep sharing pics & the interest in calif... My code sequence is" RRii mo... 333(serial) 58(year) , B (blue or G for Gold color originally. . Again Welcomd, CONGRATS
1970 Mon-Ark 16 ft skiff
1957 Merc Mark 25

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 19:53 #92620

I am not sure what model it is and will leave an estimate of its value to the people this site that know more about it. But I will say this. It is one good looking boat. Not what you usually see, that is for sure. It's the first black Feather Craft I have seen. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer.
I haven't seen many Feather Crafts for sale in California. That may work to your advantage.

1958 Feathercraft 06 Jan 2019 18:07 #92618

• Mace
  • Mace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Thinking of selling her, very good condition, runs great. new tires, titled and registered. I'm in California. Can you guys tell me the model and what you think its worth?

Thanks Scott Mace
805-459-6223

Last edit: by Mace.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0