This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett

'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
Etched Panels & Plates
Speedometers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just became an owner of a Feathercraft! 23 Jun 2016 02:29 #62505

Hi All,

I just bought a Feathercraft. The year and model are up in the air until I can get a good look at it. Its been sitting at my buddies house for about 15 months in his driveway collecting leaves and trash. I decided to buy it and get it back on the water where it belongs. My buddy bought it in hopes of using it for a fishing boat but due to medical and family issues was unable to do anything with it. It ran when he bought it but hasn't run since. I am picking it up this weekend and will be handing it over to the local boat shop to get the motor running and make sure its ready to hit the water. I hope to take it out for a fishing trip in mid July. It needs some TLC and a good cleaning which it will be getting asap. I was only able to get a few quick pics of it today. It has a 25hp Suzuki and I don't know who made the trailer yet. I am the 4th owner of the boat from what we can figure. The owner before my buddy had it for 25 to 30 years and used it every year during the season here. I live in Southern Oregon and the largest non man made lake west of the Mississippi is 5 minutes from my door. There are also 7 lakes within 40 minutes of my house so we should be busy during the season. We have a good 7 month season here for fishing before the lakes freeze over and I hope to use it every chance I get. If you can help identify it I would appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Like I said.. It needs some TLC and a few things done to it but I have the time and desire so it should be fun! Plus the wife in "on board" (no pun intended) and has said she is ok with spending a little to get it where we want it. It needs a windshield and other stuff but all in all it should be a great boat for us to use.

Thanks,

Sean

This message has attachments images.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3