Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 01:47 #105366

Thank You Kmotawi and MercuryMarc !! I've been working on it for awhile.. I've talked to the gentleman yesterday and meet him as I was taking the photos today.. I'm pretty sure its going to go through its going to be a little different venture and we will be meeting next week to work the terms out .. but from what we discussed today we seem to be on the same page and it seems to be a pretty firm deal that will benefit both of us.. once its formal I'll explain more..

I think it will be a great addition to my Aerocraft JCC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aero Craft JCC.

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 01:37 #105362

Good luck, I hope you are able to get it. The boat is definitely a cool looking boat.
Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 01:35 #105361

nsul8r25 wrote: Question... was there a model that had an inboard 4 cylinder? When I first started looking for a Feather Craft, I went to see a DR. The seller had a boat that I had no idea what it was. He said he was selling the DR so he could focus on the other boat. I have considered stopping by from time to time to find out exactly what it was. The stern looked just like this, had a covered helm and the engine box looked like a domed treasure chest coming out of the aft deck. Got me thinking hard about paying a visit. I passed on his DR, have regretted ever since, price was great. He had a newer 50 up Merc on it. Scared me of swamping it!

Hmmm...

I think it's a great boat!

Thanks , I'm not sure about inboards.. its possible.. I know they did later on.. I have never seen one but that doesn't mean they didn't make them.. I've read that early on they made some experimental boats up to 27 feet for the military.. and before I saw this one there was no evidence of it ever being made.. Aerocraft boats were made about 20 miles away from where I live and are well made boats..

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 01:32 #105360

Very Cool! What a show stopper when that one is fixed up.
50 Something Vagabond (54)
1960 Lone Star Eldorado
2001 25hp Yamaha
1961 40hp Evinrude
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aero Craft JCC

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 01:23 #105359

59Clipper wrote: What's the length?

I forgot to walk it off while I was there but I'm thinking around 18 or 19 ft.

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 00:57 #105358

Question... was there a model that had an inboard 4 cylinder? When I first started looking for a Feather Craft, I went to see a DR. The seller had a boat that I had no idea what it was. He said he was selling the DR so he could focus on the other boat. I have considered stopping by from time to time to find out exactly what it was. The stern looked just like this, had a covered helm and the engine box looked like a domed treasure chest coming out of the aft deck. Got me thinking hard about paying a visit. I passed on his DR, have regretted ever since, price was great. He had a newer 50 up Merc on it. Scared me of swamping it!

Hmmm...

I think it's a great boat!

Last edit: by nsul8r25.

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 00:53 #105357

I like it
“I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” Gary Spence

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 00:51 #105356

What's the length?

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 00:44 #105354

VinTin wrote: That sure is an interesting boat!

Thanks VinTin, I think that's a compliment .. lol Its a odd one for sure.. at first when I saw it a few years ago I thought it was rather strange and a bit ugly.. but once you start looking it over and see how it was built it takes on another look and draws you to it.. its very unusual.. of course the roof needs to be taken off and straightened something has fallen on it.. it has a hatch on it you can open and stand up and see over it while you drive. the stern has hinges on either side where doors must have opened and closed to store gas tanks .. some previous owner has hacked a hole to mount the Mercury control .. that needs to be changed and repaired .. for sitting outside for so many years the floor is very solid no weak spots at all.. there are surprisingly no dents in the hull at all.. it had a head in it originally.. picture what it would look like with the roof off !!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Rare Aerocraft boat 21 Jun 2020 23:52 #105351

That sure is an interesting boat!

Just getting used to the lay of this land.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:1
  • Yesterday Answer:3