Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rare Aerocraft boat 25 Jun 2020 10:49 #105478

Thanks Kingfisher ! I went back to get a few measurements from it yesterday and I also measured the length its only about 16 1/2' long.. I thought it was longer.. it used to have a head in it and was debating weather or not to put one back in it to keep the original look or cover the platforms with wood and cushions for seating and sleeping accommodations..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aero Craft JCC.

Rare Aerocraft boat 25 Jun 2020 05:42 #105476

I like that aluminum fatboy! It would be great for long cruises, like the TN River. Think of all the provisions it could haul, maybe enough beer for Jabe and Charlie for a week! :biggrin:
Keep the prop wet and the humor dry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boatcrazy, jabe, Aero Craft JCC

Rare Aerocraft boat 23 Jun 2020 23:46 #105426

Bilnan1 wrote: It would under power it but look good,, would you believe a rare hunch or???

Interesting set of twins you have there !! the one I bought is a 1958 the gray and white color combo.. and I was thinking it would be underpowered also.. but back in 1953 or so I think that was about the largest hp. motor there was.. wasn't it ?? until 1957 when Mercury came out with their Mark 75 60hp. tower of power which is what's on the boat now.... Oh I forgot about the early Evinrude Big Four 50 hp.

Last edit: by Aero Craft JCC.

Rare Aerocraft boat 23 Jun 2020 21:14 #105419

It would under power it but look good,, would you believe a rare hunch or???
my website www.billscars.com click boat collection,,I have been collecting since 2006 ,weird rare mainly fiberglass but 5-6 wood and 3 feathercrafts,2golden ,1 58 rockets and a vagabond ,xp12. and also 2 jetstreaks,

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Rare Aerocraft boat 23 Jun 2020 02:35 #105392

Bilnan1 wrote: I do like it , it would be a good candidate for a 35 oliver or a west bend tiger shark 80hp BILL

Hmmm, how did you know I just picked up a Oliver 35 ?? lol

Rare Aerocraft boat 23 Jun 2020 01:00 #105390

I do like it , it would be a good candidate for a 35 oliver or a west bend tiger shark 80hp BILL
my website www.billscars.com click boat collection,,I have been collecting since 2006 ,weird rare mainly fiberglass but 5-6 wood and 3 feathercrafts,2golden ,1 58 rockets and a vagabond ,xp12. and also 2 jetstreaks,

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 23:09 #105389

Thanks nsul8r25 ! I forgot to mention in my last reply that boat you are referring to sounds pretty cool and interesting ! I would like to see what it looks like !! that's pretty close to St. Charles.. you never know what's lurking around in the not far areas .. I found my JCC hiding in the woods in Gladwin ..

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 14:08 #105380

aero craft jcc wrote:

nsul8r25 wrote: Question... was there a model that had an inboard 4 cylinder? When I first started looking for a Feather Craft, I went to see a DR. The seller had a boat that I had no idea what it was. He said he was selling the DR so he could focus on the other boat. I have considered stopping by from time to time to find out exactly what it was. The stern looked just like this, had a covered helm and the engine box looked like a domed treasure chest coming out of the aft deck. Got me thinking hard about paying a visit. I passed on his DR, have regretted ever since, price was great. He had a newer 50 up Merc on it. Scared me of swamping it!

Hmmm...

I think it's a great boat!

Thanks , I'm not sure about inboards.. its possible.. I know they did later on.. I have never seen one but that doesn't mean they didn't make them.. I've read that early on they made some experimental boats up to 27 feet for the military.. and before I saw this one there was no evidence of it ever being made.. Aerocraft boats were made about 20 miles away from where I live and are well made boats..

Well, now I am really curious... Didn't realize that Aerocraft was out of St. Charles and you are so close as well. This one I am referencing is less than an hour south of St. Charles. I think I am overdue to stop in and check in on this one. The guy was a great guy, liked his aluminum. Had the FC, the mystery boat and an Air Stream he was working on along with Brittish roadsters. I will follow up on this site, don't mean to drift.

Good luck on this boat, sounds great! If it is an Aerocraft, I'll be in touch with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aero Craft JCC

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 03:01 #105371

love it,
will look like a dutch wooden shoe with no roof
very cool and looking forward to seeing what you do with her

Rare Aerocraft boat 22 Jun 2020 02:15 #105370

aero craft jcc wrote:

Thanks VinTin, I think that's a compliment .. lol

It is!

Just getting used to the lay of this land.

Last edit: by VinTin.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:1