Skip to main content
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

This Day in History 15 Mar 2024 01:20 #128319

I thought it was PACAWN pie day.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This Day in History 14 Mar 2024 21:23 #128315

It’s Pi day (3-14) not actually on this very day but the formula for Pi has been in use for over 4,000 years!
Makes you feel young don’t it ;-)
“Keep thy shop and thy shop will keep thee”
- Poor Richard’s Almanack, 1737

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Last edit: by Locomotion.

This Day in History 01 Mar 2024 21:33 #128206

On this day 80 years ago the first shipment of enriched Uranium left Oak Ridge, Tennessee, a secret city at the time, on its way to Los Alamos, New Mexico.
The rest is history.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, alanbiltz, RickG

Last edit: by Locomotion.

This Day in History 29 Feb 2024 03:17 #128177

It's different. Absolutly no low end. Upshift at 8000 . Torque band is the super narrow .Handles very well. It was a mess a month ago.. Shaping up. Pulled 2 bowls off. Super clean,but I hear and feel flat spots mid range. Carbs need to come off but I fear cracking the intake plenum box. $200. Mixxed it rich on Lucas. Try again
after a soak.

This Day in History 28 Feb 2024 12:26 #128171

Very nice bike!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle127

This Day in History 28 Feb 2024 11:56 #128170

Love that Honda, looks like it's nearly perfect. I had a 350-4, it was a great motorcycle.
“Making my own good times”  isn’t that the way it’s always been!

This Day in History 28 Feb 2024 08:21 #128169

Given up on that. Making my own good times. All I ask is that they leave me the hell alone. Still polishing . 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, Boatboy, WetWillie, scoot, RickG

Last edit: by Eagle127.

This Day in History 27 Feb 2024 00:23 #128154

We, collectively, have seen and experienced some incredible things.  I'm hanging on for better times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, Eagle127

This Day in History 24 Feb 2024 08:16 #128145

I sat there for hours on end watching every Mercury,Gemini and Apollo launch. Clamped to the gantry with LOX and Liquid Hydrogen venting overboard.  Clutching every word of Cronkite . He was our liaison to mission control. T minus 2 minutes and holding. Mission control has reported a fault in one of the Redstone thrusters . The nozzle gimbal feed from the gyro pack has failed . They are working with JPL in Houston to reroute feed from the Aux Gyro. 2 Hrs later there I sat immobilized . Mom would drop off a peanut butter and banana sandwich with Tang . Eventually the lift off of the main booster. Sheets of Ice would fall off like shards of glass from the super cooled fuel tanks condensing and freezing the humid hot air in Florida. The capsules were quality products built by McDonnell for Mercury and Gemini . Builders of the A-4,F-4,F-101 Voodoo and the F-15. The Apollo was built by the once great North American . Builders of the P-51. These were heady times for young astronaut wanna be's . It all came to an end with Apollo program shut down after the Apollo Soyus program. We fiddled around for decades after with the compromised Astronaut killer. Now Musk has brought it all back better than ever. I was there last yr for two Falcon 9 launches and landings. I was a 7 yr old again. Musk has now perfected Hot Stage Separation. It took a few failures. Now the boosters no longer have to drag along Ullage motors saving thousands of pounds that can be added to useful load. Hot Stage separation was a huge hurdle. I started a 32" Saturn v Yesterday . It will take its rightful place beside the 35" 22 pound Enterprise. Yesterday Intuitive Machines' landed Odysseus on the moon. First time for us in 50 yrs. Soon Warp speed.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, Boatboy, alanbiltz, WetWillie, VinTin

Last edit: by Eagle127.

This Day in History 22 Feb 2024 00:02 #128132

July 20, 1969,  my Mom, Dad and I, disembarked into the Bahamas to get a bare boat sail charter.  We got to our room and turned the TV on to watch the first manned moon landing.  I'll never forget that.  What a week that was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, alanbiltz, VinTin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2920
  • Latest Member:hlampley
  • Total Posts:118k
  • Total Topics:7988
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3