Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 19:56 #123375

  • jr
  • jr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Helmsman
  • Helmsman
  • Posts: 2013
  • Thank you received: 926
Yes Mark come on down!!!.

If anyone wants to go down the Youtube rabbit hole here's a good one.
I love the kid with machine shop in an old school bus.

Every employee at Beta ....every employee, gets free flight lessons from one of their 20 flight instructors and their fleet of planes and helicopters (fuel type)

 
1950 Experimental Flyer, 1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: rushwal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 15:53 #123374

First JR,,,I spend all day wondering where I placed My Bubba Mug..Second,,my memories and knowledge are pretty much not affiliated with intellect as much as it is an insatiable quest for knowledge and adventure. We are so fortunate to be members of this small blue marble. Everyday is a miracle and a blessing. Third,,I believe the youth is as capable as ever,,however they are susceptible to information and mis-information overload . I find their weakest virtue to be lacking in the ability to execute critical thinking. [ A trait I find lacking in a majority of modern man ]  By the Way,,Brendon is here this weekend for Drill. Hard to believe my little buddy is a Master Sergeant now.  His first question when he arrived was , Dad can we go down and Visit JR this winter ?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I'll ask...Oh,,anytime anyone would like to discuss the behind the scenes or technical aspects of various aspects of military or Commercial aviation. I'd love it.  I think we are well overdue some campfire chats. 

 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 11:12 #123369

  • jr
  • jr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Helmsman
  • Helmsman
  • Posts: 2013
  • Thank you received: 926
  



Young people! My son now works for Beta Technologies in Burlington Vt. I have witnessed first hand what incredible young people are capable of creating. Gives me hope. 
1950 Experimental Flyer, 1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, Rocketman, VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jr.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 01:30 #123358

Only 1% of the population serves in the US military. They protect the other 99%.

 






As thankful as I am to all who serve, I am hopeful it can stay at such a small percentage.
Never doubt the wisdom of dumb question’s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Locomotion.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 00:57 #123357

Only 1% of the population serves in the US military. They protect the other 99%.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 00:57 #123356

  • jr
  • jr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Helmsman
  • Helmsman
  • Posts: 2013
  • Thank you received: 926
You are right Ray. I am amazed at the young people working on new technologies most of us have a hard time even understanding. We can't count them out! 
1950 Experimental Flyer, 1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 05 Nov 2022 00:08 #123355

One time, me, my dad, and my brother in law were looking at my b-i-l's truck motor, and the valve cover said "Mitsubishi". My dad said, "I used to shoot down Mitsubishi airplanes. They made a good airplane, they called it the zero." He hated the Japanese. Can't say I blame him. He didn't talk much about the war, that was one of the few comments about it I ever heard. 

I'm with you, Ray, kids nowdays could do it too,
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 04 Nov 2022 23:02 #123354

Those were very rough times, but the idea that it’s too rough for todays young people I do not believe.
I still get, occasionally, the opportunity to work with enthusiastic, talented, driven younger folks that impress me as much as the many, many people from the “Greatest Generation” I worked with when I was younger.
Never doubt the wisdom of dumb question’s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cballer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 04 Nov 2022 16:44 #123347

Those were rough times. Glad your uncle survived.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pounding tin,Aluminum Ect. 04 Nov 2022 14:06 #123343

My uncle was a navigator on a B25 during WWII. He almost lost his arm when shrapnel came through the bottom of the plane.
John

1958 Vagabond II & 35 HP Evinrude
1955 PlastiCraft 12 Ft. Delux Runabout
1957 Clipper & twin 35 HP Evinrudes
1957 AlumaCraft 14 Ft. FD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Forum Statistics

  • Total Users:2718
  • Latest Member:Canuckcraft
  • Total Posts:114k
  • Total Topics:7818
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:6
  • Yesterday Answer:12

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
Locomotion 6430
jabe 6009
VinTin 5962
sgower 4939
Eagle127 4843
Boatboy 4627
BigBadJon 4428
MercuryMarc 3950
unclbuz 3330
Carol 3079

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Nest Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Support

Events

Event Coordinator
info@feathercraft.net

 

Log in

Register



property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net