Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it... 09 Feb 2019 00:53 #93324

• RickG
  • Away
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 489
That's all great for those who know what they're doing... Interlock Kits are inexpensive, easy to install, and will keep some poor Light and Power guy on the pole safe if you're not the one who connects the generator. Simple mechanical device that keeps the backfeed breaker and the main from being on at the same time.

And, of course, after I installed the thing 2 years ago the power hasn't been out for more than a few minutes since. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabe, seaforrest, HawkEyes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm going out to sea." - Lyle Lovett
'54 Vagabond - '55 Mark 55
'59 Crestliner Jetstreak - '60 Merc 300
Etched Panels & Plates
Last edit: by RickG.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it... 09 Feb 2019 00:22 #93322

Same here. I illegally backfeed my panel with two male 220 plugs. Ran a 220 plug outside directly from my panel. On the cover of my outside Outlet it says "stop turn main off first."
I am able to run everything except the electric water heater and electric dryer at the same time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabe

Mercury Marc, No trailer Queen here! 1958 Hawk II, 1961 Merc 400 x2, 1955 Mark 25E. 1953 Mark 20

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it... 08 Feb 2019 22:52 #93319

• jabe
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • Thank you received: 1512
simular here, power can be gone for days......or a week.......i throw the main switch on the panel off.....made an extension cord with 2 male ends, plug the generater into an outlet closest to the panel with 120v, it lights up one side which has my furnace, water pump, fridge and freezer, i trip one breaker on per, till it runs it cycle. once in the morn, and again after supper.........still live humble but hey thats all the fun.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

57' Fleet Ranger111-
57' Fleet Cartopper-
53' Deluxe Runabout-
56' Johnson's...Javelin, 2 x 30,15, and 7 1/2 hp
we have not inherited the earth from our fathers, we are borrowing it from our children

uppercanadachapteroftheaomci.yolasite.com/

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it... 08 Feb 2019 21:45 #93318

Last year our power was out for several hours with no anticipated time of return. I decided to wire an inlet and buy a generator. Went to the store and bought wiring then ordered a generator online for in-store pickup the next day. Pick it up in the morning, wire everything and when I'm 5 minutes from plugging it in, the power is back on.

Haven't had a power outage since.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it... 08 Feb 2019 14:47 #93309

• unclbuz
  • unclbuz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Ship's Doctor
  • Thank you received: 565
We had a standby generator installed in September.
Normally we have had 3-4 outages by now.
Have not needed it yet.
Go figure...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabe

“Remember, never compare or compete; just enjoy!" - Carlos Santana

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:1815
  • Latest Member:Catimini
  • Total Posts:83.2k
  • Total Topics:6434
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:22
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:5
  • Yesterday Answer:29

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
jabe 5014
sgower 4531
VinTin 4523
Eagle127 4514
Boatboy 3524
Locomotion 3446
BigBadJon 3188
Carol 2900
unclbuz 2747
Bikecop1 2490

Contact

How to get ahold of Us

www.feathercraft.net Command Central
52457 Robins Drive
New Baltimore, Michigan 48047

Webmaster

Steve Gower
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

810-614-0734

Support

for support
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Events

Event Coordinator

Register

property of:

Feather Craft Technologies - Copyright © 2016 www.feathercraft.net