Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 20:37 #109718

Thanks Merky.

A friend of mine had some H.H. Scott I believe it was back in the seventies. Also a few pieces of classic Harmon Kardon tube amps and pre amps.

My first real turntable was a Gerrard 40B, an entry level Gerrard with a Stanton 681EEE cartridge.

Just getting used to the lay of this land.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 03:58 #109717

Those look great Dan, both the squash and the Dynaco's.

I was lucky lately to be able to rescue my dad's Scott Lab Series tuner, power amp, and Garrad turntable. All three components are still in very fine condition. Not sure if I will perform their revival or entrust these family treasures to a true audiophile pro service tech. My dad was the Scott and Garrad southeastern rep in the late 50's and early 60's. I plan to hook them up to a pair of JBL 4410's. The irony of all this is that after standing in front of a guitar amplifier for 50+ years, I can't hear squat.

Merky
1957 FC Rocket -'58 Evinrude Lark 35
1958 FC Hawk 1-'59 Evinrude Lark 35 (and J-55)
1960 Starcraft 12' open boat-'76 Evinrude 25
1965 era McCorvey 3-point hydroplane-'52 Mercury KG-7H
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 03:53 #109716

MercuryMarc wrote: I am sure my wife wished she lived closer.

Why are you selecting seeds? To replant next season?

Yes.

To create a cultivar that is well adapted to our growing conditions and is of the type we want. Every population has a range of genetic variability. This is the way it has been done for thousands of years.

The seeds in the photo we roasted this evening. I didn't mention that butternut is what comes in a can of most pumpkin pie mix.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 02:26 #109715

I am sure my wife wished she lived closer.

Why are you selecting seeds? To replant next season?
1957 Clipper with a 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 02:05 #109714

scoot wrote: Looks good Dan. You must have a part time job at Golden Corral. heh,heh.

Scoot

....and hard to sneak out one at a time!

Actually they changed tray sizes a few years ago and I got about fifty of them.

Last edit: by VinTin.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 02:02 #109713

Looks good Dan. You must have a part time job at Golden Corral. heh,heh.

Scoot
56/7 Vagabond 1, 57Clipper

COMPLETELY RANDOM 10 Feb 2021 01:39 #109710

A change of subject is in order!

Anyone for Butternut Squash?

We grow Waltham Butternut squash and save seeds. We select seed for large size squash, large diameter necks and good keeping quality. We will select seed from the best ten squash we have left out of the 125 we have stored on the spare room floor because we do select for keeping ability. Our total harvest from this year was about 275 squash. Right shortly we are going to be putting some on face book market place as we have too many left even after sharing with friends. Had a friend come by today....he only wanted two. There are a couple of Dynaco 120 amps in the background and a Jotul F3CB wood stove. The other photo was taken just this afternoon as I was preparing squash for baking and seeds for roasting which is in progress as I type.

We roast butternut seeds with a coating of olive oil and a little sugar.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbiltz, scoot, jabe

COMPLETELY RANDOM 06 Feb 2021 14:28 #109667

The Art Doctor wrote: Did not Chip offer that exact boat on here, at his cost, a couple of months ago? None of the group apparently wanted it. Everyone on here had plenty of time to step up, raise their hand and take it home. Someone got a boat they will love, enjoy and use, at least for a little while. It will get passed on again, and again and again as will all of ours in time. You can't keep them all.

_

MercuryMarc wrote: Chip offered for me to take the the boat home last fall. same price he paid, and he offered for me to only make payments to him while I got to keep the boat.
I thought that was one hell of a gesture.

I spoke up in this thread because of the way Chip was being run down in the 'Loose Rivet' chat bar for selling the Runabout even though he had offered it to many at the price he paid for it. The irony (hypocrisy) I was pointing out is that the Vagabond was sold to someone outside of our group before most of us even knew it was up for sale. Evidently J.R. never knew of the 'pending' sale. Now of course Rob will post that there never was a 'pending sale', because liars are gonna lie. Or maybe just not remember.

The bottom line though is that the guys helping Cathy did a great job and Russ's boats went to very good people. Except for the Runabout of course, because Chip sold it.

Tomato seedlings are a-poppin'.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 06 Feb 2021 13:13 #109666

The Art Doctor wrote: Did not Chip offer that exact boat on here, at his cost, a couple of months ago? None of the group apparently wanted it. Everyone on here had plenty of time to step up, raise their hand and take it home. Someone got a boat they will love, enjoy and use, at least for a little while. It will get passed on again, and again and again as will all of ours in time. You can't keep them all.

_
Chip offered for me to take the the boat home last fall. same price he paid, and he offered for me to only make payments to him while I got to keep the boat.
I thought that was one hell of a gesture.
1957 Clipper with a 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbiltz, VinTin

COMPLETELY RANDOM 06 Feb 2021 12:44 #109665

Did not Chip offer that exact boat on here, at his cost, a couple of months ago? None of the group apparently wanted it. Everyone on here had plenty of time to step up, raise their hand and take it home. Someone got a boat they will love, enjoy and use, at least for a little while. It will get passed on again, and again and again as will all of ours in time. You can't keep them all.
1952 Deluxe Runabout 1956 Johnson 30hp 1959 Deluxe Clipper 1973 Merc 500 50hp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, alanbiltz, VinTin

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2339
  • Latest Member:M126
  • Total Posts:99.7k
  • Total Topics:7322
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:1
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:7
  • Yesterday Answer:14