• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • 1957 Ranger IV, 1956 Evinrude 30hp Lark
  • Thank you received: 58

Nice voyage Lieutenant Dan.

Funny!!

1957 Ranger IV
Love the Feathercraft!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 25 Oct 2021 11:13 #115363

Nice voyage Lieutenant Dan.

Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WetWillie, scoot, VinTin

COMPLETELY RANDOM 25 Oct 2021 07:34 #115362

www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-58988252
Inside the Indonesian cave where oldest animal art was found

Inside the Indonesian cave where oldest animal art was foundCloseArchaeologists discovered the world’s oldest known animal cave painting in Indonesia. A panel showing wild pigs believed to have been made 45,500 years ago was found in a cave in a remote valley on the island of Sulawesi.Previously, rock art found in European sites were considered to be the world’s oldest narrative artworks.BBC Indonesia was given rare access to film inside the cave.Produced by: Muhammad Irham
We are like the wind that blows the leaves around the lawn.

Last edit: by VinTin.

COMPLETELY RANDOM 25 Oct 2021 02:40 #115357

We had a great ride up the Clinch River today with Nick and Dave and Joe, we went up to the Melton Hill dam and back to Kingston. Two strokes outnumbered the four strokes today, three to one!

I took a solo 50 mile cruise Friday afternoon. Went from a launch near Buford Dam to the upper reaches of the Chestatee River past the dredging operation. Got back after dark with a strong wind blowing and getting wet from the splash. The lower end of the lake was quite rough and I could only make about 8 mph south of Browns Bridge. Luckily I had a waterproof suit I put on or else I would have been miserable and frozen. Shaking my fist at the sky and yelling 'Is that all you've got'!  I loved it. Here's a few photos. We are just starting to get some leaf color change.

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alanbiltz, WetWillie, scoot, MercuryMarc, cballer

COMPLETELY RANDOM 25 Oct 2021 00:31 #115352

We had a great ride up the Clinch River today with Nick and Dave and Joe, we went up to the Melton Hill dam and back to Kingston. Two strokes outnumbered the four strokes today, three to one!
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin
The following user(s) said Thank You: VinTin, cballer

COMPLETELY RANDOM 23 Oct 2021 04:31 #115309

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

COMPLETELY RANDOM 23 Oct 2021 00:50 #115293

• cballer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • 1957 Ranger IV, 1956 Evinrude 30hp Lark
  • Thank you received: 58
Looks like drivers got the right idea with a vintage cooler on bow too, my kind of driver! Cheers great pic Marc!!
1957 Ranger IV
Love the Feathercraft!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

COMPLETELY RANDOM 22 Oct 2021 22:49 #115287

Moving those Bot threads down the list.

We went out to dinner downtown Toledo on the Maumee River to a newer restaurant.  There was a cool old aluminum boat hanging from the rafters. 

Vintage Mercury Restorations
Lake life is the best life
jump in a boat and go
1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, WetWillie, VinTin, cballer

COMPLETELY RANDOM 20 Oct 2021 12:42 #115272

The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

COMPLETELY RANDOM 18 Oct 2021 11:36 #115212

Here's the snake story I was trying to find from my hometown in 1908. It was damn difficult getting it to post here. Great Grandma had a snake tattoo, LOL.

WAY BACK MACHINE: Circus Riot in Seaford, 1908
This is how it goes in my nerdy history-buff life.
• I was going to share a photo today of a circus held in Salisbury, Md. back in 1908.
• I went looking in old newspaper databases from that year to see if I could find a write-up about that circus.
• Instead, by complete accident, I stumbled upon an absolutely insane article about a circus turn of events in Seaford, Del.
• Then, since a snake charmer is at the center of things, I went looking for photos of early 20th-century circus snake charmers.
• And so this is what you get, from the Democrat Messenger newspaper out of Snow Hill, Md. on May 16, 1908.
HEADLINE: Mob Breaks Up a Circus
SUBHED: Bareback Rider Thrown From Her Horse And Trampled. Several Injured.
STORY: "The performance of the Queen and Crescent circus at Seaford Wednesday evening ended in a general fight between the showmen and a mob of drunken white men and negroes. Several of the showmen were badly beaten, and the head of one white man, Charlie Jones, of Seaford, was cut open by a blackjack.
"The trouble started when Jones, it is alleged, demanded money from Mme. Levere, the bareback rider, for whiskey which she had asked him to buy for her and which she refused to pay for. She was thrown from her horse in excitement and trampled on. The mob ran into the ring and the showmen fled.
"The snake charmer threw his snakes in the face of the crowd and jumped in front of a train. Two men pulled him back just in time to save him from death.
"The Town Council was in session at the time and the showmen made a rush for the Council room, asking for protection. The streets were paraded until after midnight by the mob, and not until early this morning was order restored."
If you want to dawdle today over more cool old photos of snake charmers from that era--so as to better imagine what it might be like if they suddenly started throwing their snakes at you in the middle of a melee--well, here you go:

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2509
  • Latest Member:kennjenn
  • Total Posts:105k
  • Total Topics:7496
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:18