Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

RP111 Fantastic 29 Jun 2020 07:20 #105617

It's late and I should be in bed..I tried but couldn't sleep. I came down and started thumbing thru the RP photo's . So many memories,,so long ago it seems..... But for once in my life those experiences were different in one way..It was one of the few times in my life that I made a concerted effort to take it all in when it happened and while it happened. I actually stood back and smelled the roses,,,lived the moment . As if knowing that it was a special time with special people..I think Russ and Kathy gave me that opportunity ,,the chance to actually relax. Put the noggin in neutral for once . It's been 7 months and I still think of Russ every day..I think of us both fighting for our life just days after Christmas..My battle was brief compared to Russ. Mine was mere days and his was years..Yet he never gave up hope and fought until there was no fight left..For that I honor him the upmost ..Russ possessed a trait that I respect above all others.True he was warmhearted, skillful , honest and had a great sense of humor ,,But He also had tenacity . That as far as I'm concerned is the one and only trait that we have full control of...the ability to not give up,,never throw in the towel ..Russ never gave up on life,,,he simply used it all up. It was his time for the next adventure..
The following user(s) said Thank You: unclbuz, JR, Locomotion, BigBadJon, Bikecop1, WetWillie, VinTin, rushwal, boatcrazy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RP111 Fantastic 15 Jun 2020 02:07 #105187

Vin tin-forgive me for I am old...I corrected it...your fiend..c

RP111 Fantastic 14 Jun 2020 23:52 #105183

DrChip,

You rascal.

You bought Russ' Runabout, not his Rocket.

I'm tracking this stuff.

With love.
"So shake the dust off of your wings and the sleep out of your eyes." Townes Van Zandt
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

RP111 Fantastic 14 Jun 2020 23:06 #105181

I’ll be picking up Russ’s Runabout sometime soon..and am honored to be the keeper of this vessel...it will be carrying the name “Tupop” after a discussion with Kathy...the history of this name to follow for those who don’t know it,...I too find it most difficult to write this..we can all dedicate it at the Fall Arrowhead meet with our beverages of choice...Carpe Diem, all...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by DrChip.

RP111 Fantastic 14 Jun 2020 22:54 #105179

He is missed...

The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, WetWillie, VinTin, Kingfisher

RP111 Fantastic 14 Jun 2020 14:10 #105177

• JR
  • JR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 430
Thanks Ray. Wow, 8 years ago.....wow. I always got to see Russ and Kathy the first weekend in August too when visiting friends around the corner. Last August Russ was in a lot of pain but we went out together to troubleshoot my 96 Evinrude (same motor on Russ' now Charlie's Vagabond. And took a good ride in his Vagabond. Such an inspiration he was. This year if we go down I hope I can visit with Kathy. Will be tough though.
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

RP111 Fantastic 14 Jun 2020 13:18 #105175

JR wrote: Here are a few shots from Friday morning cruise to the Lake Norman Dam. Calm waters out there very rare. John

Russ would be pissed but I'm having a hard time trying to type this through tears, this coming week was typically the week of Rivetpalooza.

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” Maya Angelou

The following user(s) said Thank You: JR, BigBadJon, WetWillie, VinTin, rushwal, oldlure

Last edit: by Locomotion.

RP111 Fantastic 25 Jun 2012 03:05 #4374

• sgower
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • Dreaded Pirate Roberts
  • riveted by design...
  • Thank you received: 1260
First, Russ and Kathy you two are the best... Thank you very much for hosting this event, Dawn, Marin, Jensen along with myslef had a blast, what a great time...

It was good to finally meet alot of the members of the site to put faces to the names. The gather of these boats out on the lake for a cruise was fantastic...

The food was top notch between you guys with the burgers, dogs, and steaks and Futch with the smoked meat nobody should have gone home hungry...

Lets set the date for next year so I can book my room early for RP4...

RP111 Fantastic 25 Jun 2012 02:58 #4373

Wow

Last edit: by Eagle127.

RP111 Fantastic 25 Jun 2012 01:29 #4368

JUST GOT HOME, HAD A GREAT TIME WILL POST PICTURES WHEN I FIND MY CAMERA! IT MIGHT BE BURIED! THANKS RUSS AND KATHY!

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2210
  • Latest Member:55BigTwin
  • Total Posts:96.2k
  • Total Topics:7119
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:2
  • Today Answer:1
  • Yesterday Answer:12