Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 23:34 #107056

I'll be camping Sunday thru Sunday. Unfortunately, Ms. Carey coming is iffy. They are evacuating 2 of her nursing homes in Lake Charles along with two ongoing construction projects, so she is swamped. The two in Lake Charles are in the 9-13 tidal surge area, so they will need to be remodeled also. Lots of work coming down the pipe for a whole lot of people in Texas and Louisiana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 23:11 #107055

Free wi fi at the restaurant and porch as well.

Planning on coming up Tuesday after kids logg off from school. Whole family is coming this time. One kid has week off other has to log in thur and fri. I will be ducking out thursday evening through friday evening to attend a car rally elsewhere in GA, Tennessee and NC. Staying through sunday morning is plan. Need to finally teach the wife how to handle the boat so she can go out with everyone while I'm away.
1952 Deluxe Runabout 1956 Johnson 30hp 1959 Deluxe Clipper 1973 Merc 500 50hp

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 22:31 #107053

JR wrote: Got my campsite reserved for Wed,Thurs, Friday nights. Louanne says there are folks that told her in the spring they would be back in the fall but she has not yet heard from them to confirm.

Crap, I forgot, I best let her know the crazy Canadian ain't gonna make it

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 20:03 #107052

VinTin wrote:

MercuryMarc wrote:

Boatboy wrote: Is anyone looking for a roommate to share a motel room and rent while at Arrowhead?

John I'll piggyback off our post.

If anyone wants to split the cost of my campsite with me for the week, I would be open for that.
This would potentially allow someone else to get a campsite if they're all full. Two people are allowed at the weekly flat rate per campsite.

PM me if someone is interested.

Thanks

Mark my understanding is two people if they camp in the same RV, tent, etc. but not two separate RV's or tents. Nate and his nephew stayed with me for a couple of nights and it was $4 per night for the extra person.

It is a high rate for a primitive camping site, IMO, but it does come with a covered boat slip and that alone is worth the cost. It is the same rate for primitive camping as it is for a site that has sewer and electric I believe.

I've tried for years now to get a group of island campers together but there is not much interest.

Thanks for the heads-up Dan. You are absolutely right about the covered boat slips. Also the on-site restaurant, fuel dock boat ramp and lounge area too.
Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

Last edit: by MercuryMarc.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 16:54 #107051

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 562
Got my campsite reserved for Wed,Thurs, Friday nights. Louanne says there are folks that told her in the spring they would be back in the fall but she has not yet heard from them to confirm.
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 15:58 #107049

MercuryMarc wrote:

Boatboy wrote: Is anyone looking for a roommate to share a motel room and rent while at Arrowhead?

If anyone wants to split the cost of my campsite with me for the week, I would be open for that.
This would potentially allow someone else to get a campsite if they're all full. Two people are allowed at the weekly flat rate per campsite.

Thanks

Mark my understanding is two people if they camp in the same RV, tent, etc. but not two separate RV's or tents. Nate and his nephew stayed with me for a couple of nights and it was $4 per night for the extra person.

It is a high rate for a primitive camping site, IMO, but it does come with a covered boat slip and that alone is worth the cost. It is the same rate for primitive camping as it is for a site that has sewer and electric I believe.

I've tried for years now to get a group of island campers together but there is not much interest.

Just getting used to the lay of this land.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 03:03 #107044

Thanks

Mercury Restorations

Jump in a boat and go

Last edit: by MercuryMarc.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 02:38 #107041

Strap him up top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MercuryMarc

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 25 Aug 2020 01:31 #107036

BigBadJon wrote: Yea, Steve. If Damon and his bride Cindy can make it from Texass, you can make it from Michigan.....

Steve I have an open seat for the way down. But on the way back....well..... let's just say. "I love old Mercs"

Mercury Restorations

Jump in a boat and go
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 24 Aug 2020 23:17 #107025

Yea, Steve. If Damon and his bride Cindy can make it from Texass, you can make it from Michigan.....

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:1
  • Yesterday Answer:3