Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 30 Sep 2020 01:02 #107832

I had a lot of people asking me questions about how I got so much speed from a little 45 cubic inch Evinrude on the Flyer,
one word, Techknowlogy!

Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, VinTin, jmhyatt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 29 Sep 2020 02:52 #107819

From Arrowhead Facebook page.

Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, WetWillie, VinTin, RickG

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 29 Sep 2020 02:44 #107818

I made it home safe yesterday, had work and school today.

I gotta say this was my best trip down. I think these trips keep getting better the more I get to know everyone. Thanks for everyone's great hospitality. It was sure nice talking to everyone and meeting new friends. Everyone is so nice.

Ray I know I disappointed you because I know you are tired of being the fastest, but I sure am proud of my big old Tower of Power!
But I ain't given up yet young man, now that I got "VinTin" out of the way (Hehe), it's time to dial her in, and and get ready for some OMC breakfast... Ha!

It's a lot of fun just running with everyone, I had a great time. We hit about 275 miles, only 25 miles less than last year. We would have beat that number if we ran on Thursday.

Cheers to the calm waters of Tennessee!
Click the link below for information on vintage Mercury restorations

Mercury Restorations

1957 Clipper / 1969 Merc 1000
Lake life is the best life
Jump in a boat and go
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locomotion, BigBadJon, VinTin

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 28 Sep 2020 15:19 #107796

Our thought is to go to Tellico Marina, which is right at the river split near Fort Loudon State Park. It's funny, because the marina shows that it's a Marysville address, but it's about 20 miles from Marysville.

We're pretty familiar with the area east of there, as a bunch of us used to come up on the Harleys to ride the Dragon and cruise the back roads. The last time we were there was 2011. We always avoided tourist traps like Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Seveierville and stayed at a tiny campgound on Little River Road, east of Townsend.

I believe that the Blue Ridge Parkway is just about the most beautiful ride around. Only Bearfoot Pass and Highway to the Sun (Going to the sun road) in Montana and the Icefields Parkway (through Banff and Jasper in Alberta Canada) are better, but not by that much.

In 2012, a major bike accident in Colorado put an end to our riding but we sure enjoyed it for nearly 40 years.

Last edit: by Barefeet.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 28 Sep 2020 14:38 #107794

Richard,

Heading up the Little Tennessee is a good idea, you can go to at least where the Little Tennessee and the Tellico River split and maybe a ways on up the Little Tennessee, we go pretty far up it in the Feather Crafts but I have no idea how far you can go!
Be aware the traffic on the Tennessee up to the Fort Loudon Dam will be picking up this week as the Vol Navy heads to Knoxville for the first UT home football game this year, the virus has put restrictions on docking downtown, but who knows how many may cruse up anyway.
Proud Owner of 1956 Vagabond, 1950 Flyer, 1956 Rocket, Co-owner 1952 Flash, 10-1/2 less than VinTin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefeet

Last edit: by Locomotion.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 28 Sep 2020 03:22 #107791

Ray, we were thinking about going up to Loudon, then take the Little Tennessee river to Tellico. That's about as far as we could go due to our draft. The fall colors here are going to be early this year, according to the experts. That woul;d be well worth staying for.

One thing we don't have to worry about is having anywhere we have to be. We don't have anywhere left to go after Sally wiped us out down south.

We're probably going to take our time before going south on the Tenn-Tom. There's a possibility that our berth in Orange Beach might be rebuilt by the first of the year, but I won't go there until it is. There is absolutely nowhere to put a boat our size within 250 miles of Orange Beach.

Last edit: by Barefeet.

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 27 Sep 2020 22:51 #107789

It was sure great to see everybody and run up and down the river(s), I think I burned over 35 gallons of gas!
I managed to throw the rods out of the KG7 on the Flash but otherwise a great time and now I have a good excuse to build a motor for the Flash since Marc let me down on giving me an excuse to build a motor for the Vagabond!

Hey Richard, If I was you and didn't have anywhere I had to be for a few weeks, I would point Berefeet toward Knoxville and see if I could get a downtown slip and rent a car, the East Tennessee mountains are about to be a sight to see!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barefeet

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 27 Sep 2020 18:11 #107780

Corinthcove wrote: Thanks to all of you for the hospitality during our short visit! We will definitely be back in the future, and look forward to seeing you then.

Corinthcove
Tim and Jeanne

It was so great meeting you Tim and Jeannie. I wish you had stayed and taken my boat out Saturday. It turned out to be a great day. I hope to see you again in the spring.

Dee Dee
1953 Vagabond, 1954 Vagabond, 1956-7 Vagabond II

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 27 Sep 2020 17:28 #107778

Bev and I arrived home safely about 30 minutes ago. We had a really great time seeing old friends and making new ones. We hope that everyone gets home safely and we look forward to seeing everyone again in the Spring.
"friends to the end."- Russ Cleaton
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, gerg, Vagagnat, MercuryMarc

Arrowhead - Fall 2020 27 Sep 2020 11:09 #107776

• JR
  • Powder Monkey
  • Powder Monkey
  • Thank you received: 562
Always great to see old friends and meet new ones. 36 hours of rain gave us plenty of time to talk....and that best burger really is the best!. Safe travels to everyone.
John
1956 Golden Rocket, 1955 Vagabond, 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop, 1958 Crestliner Jetstreak 15, past boats: 54 Vagabond, 55 Vagabond, 57 Vagabond, 50 FC Flyer, 46 FC Runabout, 57 FC Rocket, 57 Jetstreak
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigBadJon, Vagagnat, MercuryMarc

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:2356
  • Latest Member:Ranger3rob
  • Total Posts:100k
  • Total Topics:7343
  • Total Sections:9
  • Total Categories:24
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:3
  • Yesterday Answer:5